Post-Game Talk: GROUNDHOG DAY! Oil 4, Lolfs 2

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
While they need to be way better defensively, in last nights case he's right.
It's going to be extremely difficult to beat a team like the Oilers when you have a 3rd string goalie and you only score 2.
Is this not the story of the past 7 playoff round losses? Same problem persists halfway through the season.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Not only that, they're breaking team defensive records with guys like Ceci, Desharnais, Bouchard, Kulak, Ekholm and Nurse, and a goalie like Skinner. Coaching matters.
I just think the Keefe experiment has run it's course. They tried the player friendly guy after the tough coach and it's still the same song. These guys are lost. They don't know how to play well defensively and it shows. Look at the tying goal...3 guys converge on one guy with the puck....who does that if they are well coached? They don't have good habits to fall back on and Keefe is pretty horrible with whatever strategy he is telling them to implement.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
This is how I imagine Marner after a loss......
And Mathews……..

1705521413992.jpeg
1705521413992.jpeg

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
He’s just a moron and that’s relative to your average hockey player too.

Guy only knows hockey and video games. The education system failed this kid.
Did he even attend high school? I’m being serious, I remember kids in the OHL never going to school, maybe times have changed

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I just think the Keefe experiment has run it's course. They tried the player friendly guy after the tough coach and it's still the same song. These guys are lost. They don't know how to play well defensively and it shows. Look at the tying goal...3 guys converge on one guy with the puck....who does that if they are well coached? They don't have good habits to fall back on and Keefe is pretty horrible with whatever strategy he is telling them to implement.

Watching the other night and the same thing happened, except Liljegren was the guy in front of the net and he stayed there and deflected the puck away. Last night Rielly charges the guy behind the red line and leaves the guy out front for the easy dunk shot.

Liljegren made the correct play.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Anybody notice ex-Leaf Zach Hyman out there?

He has 26 goals this season (on pace for 53 goals on the season), scored a beauty but it was ruled off-side lucky for the Leafs.. He makes $5 mil AAV which was too rich for Toronto.

Meanwhile Tavares @$11 mil (12 goals) + Bertuzzi @$5.5 mil (6 goals) + Domi @ $3.0 mil (4 goals) + Kampf @ $2.4 mil (4 goals) = 4 X forwards making $21.9 mil have combined for 26 goals.

So far Leafs have given Matthews a +$1.65 mil raise per year (making him the highest paid player in the game next season) + Nylander a $4.5 mil raise for next year eating up all but $500k of the expected $5 mil Cap increase.

This team is SOOO screwed up,
Yup. They have done less then nothing to fix this team but piled even more money on a couple of players that can’t get it done.
What truly boggles the mind is some people think we could never do without any of these
Can’t remember all the players you listed now but Kucherov for sure. Matthews and Marner are not the problem here anyway.

Lol well at least you’re slowly coming along. Perhaps not making the playoffs will convince you thoroughly.
i was never a Tre fan but I wanted to give him a chance because we had to dump Dubas but I never thought Tre would be just a stupid as Dubas

This tells you everything you need to know about these players………
He should be bag skating some of them today

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
i was never a Tre fan but I wanted to give him a chance because we had to dump Dubas but I never thought Tre would be just a stupid as Dubas
Why? There was nothing to indicate he would be a good hire. He was all that was available at the time and his initial PC gave me even less confidence. If they fired him today, it wouldnt harm anything.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Why? There was nothing to indicate he would be a good hire. He was all that was available at the time and his initial PC gave me even less confidence. If they fired him today, it wouldnt harm anything.
I always try to give people the chance to prove themselves

Reactions: rumman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad