OT - NO POLITICS Ground Hogs, Valentines & President Day Sales - February

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Ok, we bumped the guardrail. Then went through it. While we all love get to know you discussions there needs to be lines. No politics or politically charged things. Same as religion .

So, having said that, please continue. But make it more light and less dark please.

And if you - general you- dont like the discussion or have a beef with someone, stay out. Use ignore.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I was very proud of my daughter tonight.

She‘s been working full time since finishing school last May.

In 2020 my wife and I bought her a 2019 Jeep Compass, with the understanding that she‘d buy it off us once she graduated and was working full time.

We never mentioned it again and have been happily making the payments all along.

She calls us tonight to tell us that she’s ready to buy the car from us and put it in her name and pay for the insurance as well.

We told her just to pay us the car payment each month and we’d continue to take care of the insurance because she lives in the city and we’re in the suburbs and it would cost over $2,500 a year for her to insure it.

She was shocked about the insurance and was almost as grateful that we took her off the hook for that as she was when we bought her the car.

😂😂

Last edited:

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Ok, we bumped the guardrail. Then went through it. While we all love get to know you discussions there needs to be lines. No politics or politically charged things. Same as religion .

So, having said that, please continue. But make it more light and less dark please.

And if you - general you- dont like the discussion or have a beef with someone, stay out. Use ignore.
I understand but just want to say I am disappointed. Time to move on, if anyone wants to reach out, please don't hesitate. I mean that with all my heart, there are good, caring people here who actually do understand.

Goodnight everyone!

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Shes been working full time since finishing school last May.

In 2020 my wife and I bought her a 2019 Jeep Compass, with the understanding that she‘d buy it off us once she graduated and was working full time.

We never mentioned it again and have been happily making the payments all along.

She calls us tonight to tell us that she’s ready to buy the car from us and put it in her name and pay for the insurance as well.

We told her just to pay us the car payment each month and we’d continue to take care of the insurance because she lives in the city and we’re in the suburbs and it would cost over $2,500 a year for her to insure it.

She was shocked about the insurance and was almost as grateful that we took her off the hook for that as she was when bough her the car.

😂😂
She sounds like a good one. Good job! It feels so good when they do well and can start to support and take care of themselves.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I understand but just want to say I am disappointed. Time to move on, if anyone wants to reach out, please don't hesitate. I mean that with all my heart, there are good, caring people here Who actually do understand.

Goodnight everyone!

as am I. Disappointed.
And yes there are many outstanding and caring individuals here.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I am so glad @aguineapig72 is still with us. :heart:

We never know what other people might be going through. Life is hard.

A fine fellow who has contributed much, and much humor, to our Music Thread.

It's a rich, complex community.

And that's a good thing.

I said this to a board friend today.

My mom used to say, "You never know what someone is carrying around."

My sister Francie says, in echo, "Everyone -- everyone -- has a story."

So be cool, bro. You too, Ms.

:wedgie:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

The older I get the more I wish I could make my children understand a couple of very important things.

1. Life becomes much more enjoyable when you come to peace with the fact that you are not that smart and you live your life from the perspective that you can learn something from almost everyone you meet.

2. You gain nothing from belittling someone, even if it makes you feel better in the short term.

3. Not only do you not know what someone has been through to make them act the way they do, you don’t know if you’d have the strength or courage to go through the same things.

4. You’ll never regret being kind to someone, but it’s important to be careful not to be taken advantage of.

5. There is strength, dignity and honor in simply living a life where you do your best to live in a way that shows respect to others and where you care for your own.

Last edited:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Saw this in a local Facebook group and it made me cry. I don't even know who these people are lol.

There needs to be a lot more of this in the world

Screenshot_20240130_212919_Facebook.jpg

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I guess I missed something . What was the discussion that went of course?
You didn’t miss anything. Trust me on this one….

Thanks for getting this thread back on track, Wally.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
A question was asked that had the potential to provoke discussion beyond the scope and rules of this forum…..and it did.

If you absolutely can’t live with the curiosity, pm somebody. The fire’s been put out and I really don’t wanna fan the embers.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

She‘s been working full time since finishing school last May.

She was shocked about the insurance and was almost as grateful that we took her off the hook for that as she was when bought her the car.

😂😂

Sounds like you brought her up right, which is no surprise.

But $2500 for insurance? Wow. Is that normal there?

I saw a couple comments regarding #Aguineapig, is he okay?

See post #612 in the previous OT thread. But essentially, after a journey and what I'd call a courageous battle, yes.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I look forward to @NeelyDan 's three for Wednesday. I think yesterday's questions were very well chosen and being able to share our experiences was needed because suicide and attempted suicide touches and destroys so many lives. I learned it has touched others here, I would not have known this otherwise. It is good to know you are not alone. Please reach out if you need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad