Injury Report: Groin problems claim Bertuzzi and Kindl

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Not surprised, but given the depth not worried, allows Holland to keep working the phones for unloading one of the forwards.

More alarming was Babcock's Howard line unless he is shooting for a groin injury on Jimmy as well. Babs might be chasing Seth Jones with a comment like that...:shakehead

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Could be but I think it's the nature of the beast. Skating, shooting in ice hockey is an unnatural stress to the hips/groin. Players live with perpetual soreness in their hips and legs. Pro hockey players should invest much more time into stretch/yoga exercise. I'm talking stretch for 2 hours in a day.

Agree with this, I know very few pro hockey players that don't have this issue. It takes a toll after all these years. I don't think it is just an in shape or out of shape issue, they are going to happen from time to time. Though pushing it and stressing it will lead to this more often. But I will say a guy I know who plays in the AHL had this issue and did take up yoga after a season of big groin trouble. He said it helps a lot although the teammates love to target it.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
JMSL.jpg

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
There is going to be alot of day-to-day stuff on all teams until about mid-February. That's why the first 12 games are so important. Can't let ticky-tack injuries bury us.

Animus

Mar 10, 2011
Bowie, Maryland
Not surprised, but given the depth not worried, allows Holland to keep working the phones for unloading one of the forwards.

More alarming was Babcock's Howard line unless he is shooting for a groin injury on Jimmy as well. Babs might be chasing Seth Jones with a comment like that...:shakehead

Fully agree here or maybe it's like someone said earlier "those first 10-12 games are that important" and maybe Babcock knows that. All in all, I'd like to see Gus in net for the Columbus game at least, a team that won't be as good as your Chicago, St. Louis, Nashville....ya know, just to see how he would do.

I'd rather these tic tac injuries happen early on as well. These guys that haven't been playing in the time off are bound to get them. Going from nothing to straight hard work outs will do that. I just hope for some it's nothing that needs surgery. Helm is still a big worry for me...he kind of makes the 3rd line.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills

Disagree. Howard will be fine and if he plays well, he needs to keep playing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad