Groin injury?

EddieGoalie29

Oct 12, 2018
So, at the end of a practice yesterday, I overextended my leg and felt a sharp pain in my inner thigh. Assuming I was fine, I finished the practice. Upon getting off the ice, I noticed I couldn't squeeze my legs together without my groin/thigh twitching. Any idea what this is?

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
Not a doctor but sounds like muscle spasms.

Can happen when a muscle moves beyond its comfortable range of motion. The body tries to prevent an injury by contracting back to the comfort zone. This can trigger a series of spasms, sometimes very painful, whenever you come anywhere close to moving out of the comfort zone.

If their's no pain or discomfort, you might start looking into starting a stretching routine to prevent this from happening again and to protect from future injury. Hockey players are notoriously known to develop tight hips and groins. This can lead not only to hip issues but back and shoulder issues, too. It's all connected.

Reactions: EddieGoalie29

EddieGoalie29

Oct 12, 2018
Not a doctor but sounds like muscle spasms.

Can happen when a muscle moves beyond its comfortable range of motion. The body tries to prevent an injury by contracting back to the comfort zone. This can trigger a series of spasms, sometimes very painful, whenever you come anywhere close to moving out of the comfort zone.

If their's no pain or discomfort, you might start looking into starting a stretching routine to prevent this from happening again and to protect from future injury. Hockey players are notoriously known to develop tight hips and groins. This can lead not only to hip issues but back and shoulder issues, too. It's all connected.
It should be noted the pain has still not went away, and this seems more like a strain to me.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
It should be noted the pain has still not went away, and this seems more like a strain to me.

Sorry, I misinterpreted what you were asking. I thought you were asking what the twitching was. When you over extend/strain/pull your muscle, spasms may follow. Any way, if the pain persists, say a week or more, I'd see a doctor to be safe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad