Gritty Accused of Punching 13 Year Old (UPD: No Criminal Charges to be Pursued)

Captain And Coke

Apr 29, 2011
Heck, if anything, a mascot breathes on someone incorrectly, there's ramifications. Companies are more than ever worried about public relations that you can't just pay a wino $20 and some Bud Ice to stand around anymore. Finesse, crisis management, and general so-called "soft skills" (which are ways you deal with your fellow man) are integral to the people in mascot costumes, not to mention background checks.

I'm not saying it's unlikely, I'm just saying the people that have to get hired have to be the kinds who aren't easily gonna wig out & start breaking spines with their fists of fury. This makes the whole thing more suspicious.

ace-ventura-mascot-punch-fight-gif-14087340.gif

ace-ventura-mascot-punch-fight-gif-14087340

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
[QDP]
The only thing that would make even more hilarious is video of it lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
If it's true, why didn't the father tear Gritty's head off and kick the shit out of the guy in the suit? What kind of father lets a goofy mascot beat up his kid in front of him?

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
There needs to be some risk for people suing. It's way too easy, just find a greasy lawyer and file the paperwork, knowing the rich corporation will likely settle. They should have to at least pay the defendants legal fees.
Yeah who will defend the...defenseless...rich corporations...with teams of lawyers on retainer...?

Individuals already gave an uphill battle when trying to sue a large company, doing what you said would swing the balance too far in the opposite direction and give too much legal protection for large corporations. Nobody would sue companies because of the downside if they lose. Both sides being responsible for legal fees also give incentive for both sides to settle and not clog up the legal system with civil complaints. And lastly, nothing is stopping the Flyers from countersuing if they find the complaint frivolous, but usually in these situations it's in their interest to let the story die rather than carry on a lawsuit where you probably won't get much money and it's a bad look to sue a season ticket holder.

Let's not base our opinion of the whole system of legal liability on a lawsuit involving f***ing Gritty. We have nearly 250 years of precedent of why it's a good (or less bad) idea that each side pays their own legal fees (in most cases).

[/BusinessLaw101]

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
The King Baby will terrorize nobody any more, as the Baby Cakes moved to Wichita this year*, but we still have the matter of this unfortunate avian atrocity in N'awlins.

Pierre_The_Pelican.jpg

*The team went back to their nutria mascot, Boudreaux, shortly after, but you can't put the genie back in the bottle.

The King Baby was actually the Pelicans thing, not a Baby Cakes thing. The Baby Cakes, to my knowledge, always used Boudreaux even after they changed from the Zephyrs to the Baby Cakes.

B9316231345Z.1_20150212161749_000_G369UKUBE.1-0.jpg

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

member 157595

This makes me like Gritty even more than before, which I didn't know was possible.

If I caught Gritty in bed with my wife, I'd knock her off the bed and stay with Gritty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad