Gritty Accused of Punching 13 Year Old (UPD: No Criminal Charges to be Pursued)

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Wbat probably actually happend was gritty gave him a hand on the back and now hes hoping for a pay day...

Big time loser move cause gritty is awesome.

Reactions: Lurch

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
All this story did was further endear Gritty to the hockey world.

And most likely turn the father into a screaming nitwit out for a buck.

Feel bad for the kid who is most likely mortified at this whole debacle.
Its pretty clear its a manufactured story to do just this. Its well executed, but fake.

I mean, look at the picture.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I didn't know I needed it, but now I need to see Gritty in costume in court and the subsequent courtroom sketch.

I believe courtroom sketches are only the norm in Canada, where apparently we still live in the 1800s and cameras haven't been invented yet. :laugh:

Americans have seemingly evolved to the point where this is allowed, so audio and video is usually readily available for public access.

Maybe someday we'll get there too.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
upload_2020-1-23_9-43-13.jpeg

Wierzbowski426

Nov 1, 2019
New Jersey
This is too good to be true, and the dad sounds entirely untrustworthy.

Funny though, and if there was a team's mascot I could picture punching a kid it would be Gritty.

Reactions: Lurch

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
I wouldn't downplay this. The father took his son to a chiropractor, so you KNOW it's serious.

He took him to a 'doctor' who can't diagnose anything, or take x-rays, or really tell if anything is wrong. Hmmm........

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I’m gonna laugh so hard when Gritty psyches out children in the future. Like, oh there’s Gritty, go say hi! *Gritty winds back for a haymaker*

BergyTime37

Jun 17, 2015
Who takes kid to a Chiropractor? If he was really hurt they'd have gone straight to the ER, or his physician. Chiropractor a few weeks after the incident? Sounds legit to me :facepalm:

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Years ago a young guy worked for me who was from Anaheim. In college during summer worked at Disney and played various characters. The stories he told about the abuse from kids and parents were incredible!

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I used to have Flyers season tix and my kid got to stand on the blueline with the players for the national anthem one time. I took photos and the Ice Girls kept getting in the way in every single one of them. In a lot of them, it was just Ice Girls and you couldn't even see my kid. I took over 100 photos. And I didn't make a federal case out of it.

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->