Speculation: Grigori Denisenko and Spencer Knight NHL arrival? (read OP)

when will Grigori Denisenko and Spencer Knight be NHL ready?

• Total voters

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
with NHL 21 out, I thought it would be fun/interesting to try and add some high caliber player that are not accessible in the game (KHL and NCAA).

I figured the best way to gage the overall of these players would be to ask the fans that (insert player) plays for.

will post results in the EA sport thread

Please answer honestly​

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Deni is likely gonna make some appearances this year depending on if AHL season goes through, which it should. He should start down there and get some big minutes in to get up to pace and if he shines there for a good sample size, he will likely get a call up.
Or they give him the 9 games at start of year to see if he sinks or swims and reevaluate based on that.
Hes already played with men for 2 years but he needs to produce now.
He would hopefully replace alot of Tippetts point production in AHL but its likely he gets at least a cup of coffee in NHL this year at some point.

Knight should ideally spend 3 full years at BC, then maybe one in AHL to get used to playing 40+ games. NCAA only play on weekends as well so it'd be nice to get him used to playing through the week and not thrust him into NHL straight away.
I'd say he makes appearances when he's 22-23 and likely a backup role behind Bob for a couple years.

2020-2022: NCAA
2022-2023: AHL
2023-2024: NHL

By 23-24 he will have two years left on his ELC and Bob will have 3 years left, bridge him in the final year of Bob and then pay him if he's earned the #1 spot.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
GD 2; SK 3.

I wanna see Denisenko rack up points against men before I actually expect him to be an impact player. At this point, I still view him as a high risk/high reward mystery box.
Knight needs at least one more year of college and one as the AHL starter. I was up in the air about whether he'd need a third year of college, but I'm leaning towards yes because of covid.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I expect bob to play 5 of the 7 years here, which lines up perfectly with what I want/expect from knights development:

2yrs in D1
1yr in AHL
2yrs as NHL backup

if he dominates college again, go to the ahl. If he looks solid there, bring him as the backup here for two seasons under bob and then make the transition if he looks like he can handle it.

for Denisenko, I’d prefer he get 1yr in the AHL, I just don’t think it’s likely tbh. I think he’d personally stay in the K until he has a spot on the NHL roster.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
The AHL season might not even happen. Tentative date is December 4th, but will probably change if the cases keep trending up

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
because 99% of them suck, and also because we call them up after like 30 games in the AHL, give them 40 NHL games where they get their morale shattered, then send back to AHL to try to rebuild that somehow.
I hear this stated all the time, so there may/must be some truth to it, but it doesn’t make total sense to me. Why would a rookie player’s development get screwed up with call-up to the majors? Is it because they don’t get enough minutes? Is it because they get intimidated in practice? Is it because they’re suddenly not among the best on the team?

I’d buy it more quickly if we were talking about kids who hadn’t been through that much, but these kids are among a select group, so they should be looking forward to the opportunity and not regress.

I think it could be quite simple. The ones who get called up and don’t end up regressing are the ones with an ability to learn. In other words, the ones who make it aren’t a “lucky break” and the ones who don’t “didn’t get developed right”. It’s not all on the teachers, at this level a lot more is on the student.

Yeah, it sucks if you don’t make it, but it doesn’t mean you’re not a potentially good player, it likely means you just couldn’t put together the last bits, and probably a lot of it is in your training regime, desire, ability to focus. Not everyone is gifted with the same amount of all.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
I hear this stated all the time, so there may/must be some truth to it, but it doesn’t make total sense to me. Why would a rookie player’s development get screwed up with call-up to the majors? Is it because they don’t get enough minutes? Is it because they get intimidated in practice? Is it because they’re suddenly not among the best on the team?

I’d buy it more quickly if we were talking about kids who hadn’t been through that much, but these kids are among a select group, so they should be looking forward to the opportunity and not regress.

I think it could be quite simple. The ones who get called up and don’t end up regressing are the ones with an ability to learn. In other words, the ones who make it aren’t a “lucky break” and the ones who don’t “didn’t get developed right”. It’s not all on the teachers, at this level a lot more is on the student.

Yeah, it sucks if you don’t make it, but it doesn’t mean you’re not a potentially good player, it likely means you just couldn’t put together the last bits, and probably a lot of it is in your training regime, desire, ability to focus. Not everyone is gifted with the same amount of all.

because that's how it works on any discipline or societal structure in life...common sense tells you that putting a novice against a seasoned vet is usually not a good idea. You either have shown outstanding abilities as a rookie that shows insane promise (the Messis, the Nadals, the Jordans, the Lebrons, the Ovechkins and Crosbys) or you are put through the tiers to earn your stripe... like..that's..just..how it is....and we have put a lot of players in the NHL that clearly needed more time to hone their skills.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
because that's how it works on any discipline or societal structure in life...common sense tells you that putting a novice against a seasoned vet is usually not a good idea. You either have shown outstanding abilities as a rookie that shows insane promise (the Messis, the Nadals, the Jordans, the Lebrons, the Ovechkins and Crosbys) or you are put through the tiers to earn your stripe... like..that's..just..how it is....and we have put a lot of players in the NHL that clearly needed more time to hone their skills.
I could quote lots of counter examples where that’s just not the case.

There’s a lot more to the story. Borg for example will probably never pan out in the NHL. Not because he doesn’t have the skill but because he doesn’t have the will. That’s something you can’t teach.

And THAT applies (almost) everywhere in life.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
I could quote lots of counter examples where that’s just not the case.

There’s a lot more to the story. Borg for example will probably never pan out in the NHL. Not because he doesn’t have the skill but because he doesn’t have the will. That’s something you can’t teach.

And THAT applies (almost) everywhere in life.

yeah cool, so then it means he didn't deserve a shot in the NHL yet, and that we called him up basically out of necessity, not because we thought he was ready=rushed...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad