Gretzky with today's Oilers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

delled

Oct 3, 2009
replace him with McDavid...I still think they suck in today's league. What do you think? Despite all the possible records he could break, he doesn't make everyone around him better enough to win the cup with the current Oilers team structure.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
replace him with McDavid...I still think they suck in today's league. What do you think? Despite all the possible records he could break, he doesn't make everyone around him better enough to win the cup with the current Oilers team structure.

Gretzky's first two NHL seasons with the Oilers they were terrible and had a losing record. You knew that right?

In Gretzky's first two NHL seasons with the Oilers they were: 28-39-13, and 29-35-16.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I can understand Gretzky with today's training arguments, but throw him into today's game? He's a smart player without the physical ability to capitalize on it.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007

One player can't do it all in hockey. It's the GM's job to surround franchise players with talent needed to compete and ultimately win it all as well as a good coach to put it all together. You can't just throw a good player on a bad team (even the best player ever) and expect a turnaround. It doesn't work that way in this sport.

You're looking for that "bouncy ball into a hoop" sport. :laugh:

illpucks

May 26, 2011
If Gretzky is allowed to wear Stamkos's Red No Contact Jersey then maybe he could still carry the team.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
they definitely wouldnt suck if the best player in NHL history (that being said i personally would take a healthy Lemieux over him) was in their lineup..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad