Speculation: Gretzky To Bring NHL To Seattle?

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Bring in the team after our rebuild is done. Don't want a competitor for high lottery picks.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
There will be a logjam in Seattle until that arena gets built. Does the city build it just for the NHL, in hopes that they will land a NBA franchise later?

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
_JAB4216.JPG

Nice jerseys.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
It would be cool to have a team close to vancouver (I'm insanely jealous of California) but I'm really not sure Seattle can support a team after the initial influx of Canadians dies off.
I frequent Seattle and the surrounding area and nobody I know down there gives a **** about hockey. Not to say it won't catch on, but an NBA team would take off immediately, not so sure about hockey.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
Having a team in Seattle would be great for us (fans) but probably not ideal for 'nucks management. The team is starting to struggle with ticket sales due to increase pricing + missing the playoff (and the first round exits didn't help while the price kept going up). Add a nearby team and there's a good chance you'll see lost sales here. If nothing else, ticket prices will likely drop.

Bure All Day

Mar 29, 2012
Vancouver
Having a team in Seattle would be great for us (fans) but probably not ideal for 'nucks management. The team is starting to struggle with ticket sales due to increase pricing + missing the playoff (and the first round exits didn't help while the price kept going up). Add a nearby team and there's a good chance you'll see lost sales here. If nothing else, ticket prices will likely drop.

And this is bad how?

Get rid of this ****ing monopoly Aquaman has over us, and maybe he'll actually build a competitive team. Not saying he isn't trying, but he could be trying harder.

By harder, I mean stop ****ing interfering with what the GM wants to do. He ****ed Gillis over, seems he's extended the leash for Benning so far, but still seems like he has to be in on everything that happens.

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
Revival of the totems with a modern take on the jersey (gotta love that FN design logo) would be too sick.

Would definitely head down a few times a year for games.

:yo:

Seems like a Buffalo/Toronto type of scenario to me, where part of Seattle's attendance would be made up of people in BC/WA who can't afford/score expensive Canuck tickets. Hard to say for sure, but my team affiliation would definitely be in jeopardy. I'll cross that bridge if we ever get there.

Also, there's a much more thorough thread covering this on the Business of Hockey board.

JA

Revive the Canucks' long-time WHL rival/affiliate, the Seattle Totems. They should have been in the NHL long ago.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
And this is bad how?

Get rid of this ****ing monopoly Aquaman has over us, and maybe he'll actually build a competitive team. Not saying he isn't trying, but he could be trying harder.

By harder, I mean stop ****ing interfering with what the GM wants to do. He ****ed Gillis over, seems he's extended the leash for Benning so far, but still seems like he has to be in on everything that happens.

i think he needs to try a lot less hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad