Steven Toast

Apr 3, 2019
Sol System
Match made in heaven:

C_bUfE0UMAAmYm0

wayne-gretzky-promoting-pro-stars-cereals.jpg

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
If they were more than two players on each sides, I would have gone with the Oilers, but I just don't see either of them stopping Mario. If Mario takes the puck, he keeps it. Same as Crosby, in fact...

And IMO, until proven otherwise, Prime Crosby > McDavid. But it could very well change.

SG1990

Apr 11, 2019
Gretzky is the best of all time but I think his bread and butter is his unreal hockey sense and taking advantage of every player on the ice. When it comes to 2 on 2 I see the skating ability and stick handeling of Crosby and Lemieux having an advantage. However I think McDavid might actually swing the advantage towards his team considering with that much open ice I don’t see anyone keeping up with his speed.. and speed kills when it’s 1v1 or 2v2.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
So he is also still behind Martin St. Louis too?

Oh good, the great Crosby acrobat is here.

Are you going to tell us about Crosby’s grace period? Or are you going to choose your flavour of the month stat that gets flip flopped the next month?

How are you going to discredit any McDavid accomplishment this time around.

Reactions: varank

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Oh good, the great Crosby acrobat is here.

Are you going to tell us about Crosby’s grace period? Or are you going to choose your flavour of the month stat that gets flip flopped the next month?

How are you going to discredit any McDavid accomplishment this time around.

You think summing up Crosby's career as a "two time Art Ross winner" isn't discrediting him just a bit?

Reactions: Dominance

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Gretzky had the best career and was better at his peak than Mario (at his). Crosby and McDavid is essentially a wash (not fair to compare careers at this point). The Edmonton duo was the healthier one.

How do you not pick Gretzky/McDavid?

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Over the long run - you take Gretzky.

Over a short period though, assuming all are at or near their best? I really like Crosby here. He has the winningest pedigree of all of them (arguably moreso than Gretzky - though maybe that's debatable). I really like what he brings here. And Lemieux/Gretzky are very close when at their best - and assuming it's one of the years Mario cares about winning, I don't feel bad about passing on Gretzky to take him.

Haven't seen McDavid winning much yet really. I'd like to see him do well in the playoffs and see if he had that killer instinct before picking him over Crosby.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad