Player Discussion Greg Pateryn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plekanecs

Dec 17, 2014
im surprised pateryn is recalled before tinordi.. but at the same time, i'm pretty excited to see him up with the main club!

Oleg Petrov

Jun 15, 2008
Is Tinordi that far down on the depth chart?
If this is the case, that Pateryn has surpassed him, then I think his waiver status next season will all but assure his departure from Montreal at the deadline, the draft or on waivers next season. Too bad.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Gonchar injury is?

Good luck Greg hope he can impress this time. Big guy big shot.

Vern

Dec 9, 2013
look at our schedule this month compared to say tampas and its clear were going to see a lot of call ups, while still staying on top :)

we are in a best case scenario situation where we can rest some of our aged vets and test out/showcase our prospects just before the deadline

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
Tinordi questions - guys. It's very simple. The Habs and the NHL in general is moving towards playing guys on their proper sides on D with the speed of the game going up more and more.

Tinordi = Lefty
Pateryn = Righty.

Gonchar was able to do it as he's lets just say a biiiit more savvy than these kids with NO nhl experience. Tinordi would get chewed up on the right side, that'd be terrible

Pateryn is our best RD prospect for now, Dietz I think is improving but Pateryn definitely is more ready for a call up and this is a huge test for him to show what he can do and if he can stick. He seemed to stagnate if not regress a bit since last year so really hoping this is a boost for him and he can surprise.

Spinorama2

Aug 27, 2013
no guarantee that Pateryn actually gets any action against the Wings

Weaver may dress and Pateryn is the 7th. Would maybe explain why no Tinordi

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
Can't Weaver fill in ?

I just think we are more set on the left, Weaver (nor Tinordi) is not supplanting Markov, Beaulieu, or Emelin. Pateryn on the other hand could supplant Weaver and I bet they see this as a chance to give him another shot and see what they have in him since he's put the time in. Will be interesting to see how they handle Weaver/Pateryn though. Also no need to call up Tinordi to be a 7th D if that is the plan. He needs to play as much as possible.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Hopefully they show case him like they are with Thomas. He could be a nice trade chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad