Greatest Senators #4

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
If the criteria is based on each players body of work while on the Senators, 4/5 has to be Yashin or Heatley. Chara and Hossa both had better careers, but neither reached the highs Yashin or Heatley reached while on the Senators. Yashin was a legit franchise C while on the Senators who had a Hart level season, while Heatley was one of the top goal scorers in the league for a three year span placing 5th/2nd/8th.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I never thought Heatley was worth giving up Hossa. Hossa was my favourite Sen, and maybe that blinded me to Heatley's achievements. I never really appreciated Heatley's game. And that had nothing to do with the way he left.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I never thought Heatley was worth giving up Hossa. Hossa was my favourite Sen, and maybe that blinded me to Heatley's achievements. I never really appreciated Heatley's game. And that had nothing to do with the way he left.

I remember joking with friends playing street hockey, setting up a Dany Heatley play where the goal scorer essentially taps in a goal from the side net after his line mates do the hard work.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Have to go with yashin. People remember the contract nonsense and the playoff disappointments, but the guy was the only star on the team in the clutch and grab era and was just hounded in the playoffs. Id say he was a superstar for at least a few seasons, losing the year really hurt him. He was never the same after that.

Hell of a player back in the day. I might argue him ahead of spezza

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Have to go with yashin. People remember the contract nonsense and the playoff disappointments, but the guy was the only star on the team in the clutch and grab era and was just hounded in the playoffs. Id say he was a superstar for at least a few seasons, losing the year really hurt him. He was never the same after that.

Hell of a player back in the day. I might argue him ahead of spezza

I'd say he completely tainted his legacy. Great hockey player, but not a great Senator in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad