Greatest Senators #1

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Seeing as the prospect polls are almost over and we still have a ways to go before the season starts I thought I'd start another poll series. This one being for greatest Senators. The definition I would give to greatest in this series would be the player who had the most positive impact on the team during his time as a Senator. This means that the greatest player is not necessarily the most talented, and guys like Yashin for his shenanigans, or Hasek for his short stint may not be rated as high as their talent would suggest, while guys like Smith or Kelly who have had lengthy stints may be rated higher than their talent would suggest. I've placed 20 guys for this poll, but will add 5 more after the first poll based on who the comments suggest I should add. For subsequent polls I will only add one player at a time based on who is suggested in the comments.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Alfie, he's like the pioneer that tilled the soil and built the house - he'll always be the greatest, not the best player, but the greatest Senator...probably....because EK is a phenom and if he extends then he'll be the greatest just from sheer god-given talent.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
No Hasek? Maybe not the greatest-as-a-Senator, but candidate for greatest player to ever play as a Senator.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
EK65, the generational talent who is the best to ever don Randy Cunneyworth's face on his crest. With all due respect to my fav all-time in Alfie.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
With all due respect to Alfie, EK65 is so clearly the best player to ever wear our uniform that it isn't even close...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Karlsson is the best player the Sens have ever had. In my book that makes him the greatest sen.

Alfy had a good career and was a very good player... He was never touted as a top 3 , conservatively top 5 player in the league.

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca
I would went Karlsson, simply for hockey talent. Alfie is a sentimental favourite, which is a different and great category of its own. At the end of his Karlsson will be a first ballot Hall of Famer. Alfie should be in, but there is also debate amongst some.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Alfie is right now but there is no way Karlsson doesn't pass him.

He leaves as a UFA after next year there is no chance that he passes him. Anyone voting for Karlsson here has probably been a fan for less than a decade. Alfie did way more for this franchise has lead this franchise further and did have some pretty incredible seasons. He put this team on the map, he changed the direction of this franchise from being the worst of all time to a perenial contender and playoff team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad