Came across this thread. At this point, that would be

1. Tretiak
2. Vasilevsky
3. Khabibulin
4. Bobrovsky
5. Shesterkin
6. Nabokov

Right?
I think here the question is how do we rank the old time guys like Konovalenko and Puchkov, I think traditionally they are ranked ahead of Khabibulin and Nabokov, but it is very hard to compare them.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
I think here the question is how do we rank the old time guys like Konovalenko and Puchkov, I think traditionally they are ranked ahead of Khabibulin and Nabokov, but it is very hard to compare them.
I don't think they were ever in the running for the "best goalie of their era" title (against Sawchuk, Plante, and Hall). Khabibulin was (obviously behind Brodeur). I am fine with ranking Konovalenko above Nabokov.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I don't think they were ever in the running for the "best goalie of their era" title (against Sawchuk, Plante, and Hall). Khabibulin was (obviously behind Brodeur). I am fine with ranking Konovalenko above Nabokov.
Just for the record, the best Khabibulin could get in the Vezina voting was 7th place in 2003.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Not false, but he was overlooked some of the years prior and was better than some finalists.
Maybe, and also should be noted that his best result in the All-Star team voting was better (6th among goalies in 2002), but I still have serious doubts about the "running for the "best goalie of their era" title" thing that I was replying about.

Reactions: Primary Assist

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

Depends on the criteria I suppose. Mkrtychan, Puchkov, Konovalenko are more important to Russian Hockey, but well behind the best goalies in the world at the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00