Greatest Playmakers Of All-Time: #11

Who is the 11th-greatest playmaker of all-time?

• Ray Bourque

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jean Beliveau

• Guy Lafleur

• Gilbert Perreault

• Phil Esposito

• Andy Bathgate

• Martin St. Louis

• Ryan Getzlaf

• Dale Hawerchuk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Interesting that Hawerchuk and Federko are 12 and 13 on that list despite never really playing with any talent.

Smaller markets = automatically not as good

A lot in people's evaluations come from popularity, it sort of creates a bias

Imagine if Hawerchuk played on the Leafs, Habs or Rangers.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Look the whole greatest playmakers of all time is an extrmely diffcult task to sperate the player ron Froancis form the playmaker ron Francis.

Franic was one of my favorite guys from the 80s but I jsut don;t think that he is the 10th greates "playmaker" of all time.

he is second in assists primarily for # reasons.

1. His career started in the early 80's a very hgih scoring period of NHL history

2. He got to play with Jagr on the Pens (these 2 times he led the NHL in assists was then).

#. He played for a very long time.
Do you discredit Gretzky because he primarily played in the 80's? Do you discredit Gretzky because he played on a very stacked oilers team and then played with the greatest LW until OV came around? The reason I feel that Francis is underappreciated is because he was never flashy. He just quietly went about his work and piled up the assists. Also he only played for Pitt for 8 seasons 90/91-97/98. His highest point total season was with Pitt, but his second and fourth highest were with Hartford. Every great player has had other great players to help them. It shouldn't take away from their accomplishments.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Am I on a hockey forum or what? How is Patrick Kane not listed? MSL, Backstrom, GETZLAF??? Gtfo

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Do you discredit Gretzky because he primarily played in the 80's? Do you discredit Gretzky because he played on a very stacked oilers team and then played with the greatest LW until OV came around?

Seriously you want to start your argument with this?

more on the 80's later though.

The reason I feel that Francis is underappreciated is because he was never flashy.

That's fair and also one of the reason he was one of my favorites

He just quietly went about his work and piled up the assists.

Same as above.

Also he only played for Pitt for 8 seasons 90/91-97/98. His highest point total season was with Pitt, but his second and fourth highest were with Hartford.

this is true in counting stats ie the 80s but when one looks at adjusted statistics for Francis his top 6 seasons (in row) of adjusted stats he had more than 60 assists and then his highest toal outside of those Pittsburg years is 58 adjusted assists.

Every great player has had other great players to help them. It shouldn't take away from their accomplishments.

Sure but you are misrepresenting Francis here and there are better options IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad