Greatest players ever from lesser former soviet hockey republics?

TheNomad

Jul 26, 2013

jekoh

Jun 8, 2004
He played in the Georgian League in 2012-13. What he did before then, who knows?
I'm sure he played in an elite league for years and simply went unreported :sarcasm:

He most probably never played in any league of note. If he did, it would reported in the links that you provided.

He's certainly old enough to have played for the Soviet Union being 44 years old and presumably had some training in a Soviet hockey school.
He's old enough but was never even remotely good enough.

And he presumably had some training in a Soviet hockey school... but then so too did tens of thousands of other players. No matter which way you slice it he does not fit the bill.

TheNomad

Jul 26, 2013
Fair enough, but I was merely answering the question of who could be considered the greatest player from a particular republic. Since he's scored their only goal in the IIHF and led their league in scoring, while also being a Soviet trained player...I would go with him. Although, I did put a question mark in the original post as I'm not expert on Georgian hockey players. In other categories, yes he doesn't fit the bill, and I think it's safe to say no Georgian, Turkmenistani, etc. truly qualify as hockey just isn't developed in those countries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad