Greatest Forwards #4

Greatest Forwards #4

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Selänne has more votes than St. Louis? I voted St. Louis as homer, don’t really think he is top 4 winger of all time but he sure as hell is better than Selänne?!

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Selänne has more votes than St. Louis? I voted St. Louis as homer, don’t really think he is top 4 winger of all time but he sure as hell is better than Selänne?!

Teemu 1451GP 684G/1457P

MSL 1134GP 391G/1033P

Selanne has a better PPG and over 420 more GP.

MSL has a Hart and 2 Art Rosses, but Selanne's peak (96-99) was just as good as MSL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Plural

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Teemu 1451GP 684G/1457P

MSL 1134GP 391G/1033P

Selanne has a better PPG and over 420 more GP.

MSL has a Hart and 2 Art Rosses, but Selanne's peak (96-99) was just as good as MSL.
I really don’t see how Selänne could be better, he played in more high scoring era at start, and was far worse in 2-way game and got most of his points on PP and played with better teams always.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011

How was St.Louis better than Selanne? I mean, I can understand the argument but it's got to be in the minority.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Voted Messier. f***ing hate the guy and I wish he'd just go away from all hockey related things. But man, Messier was really, really good player.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
How was St.Louis better than Selanne? I mean, I can understand the argument but it's got to be in the minority.
He was just better player in pretty much every aspect except goal scoring, and he always elevated his linemates game and outside of goals was more impactful player, i think they’re atleast closer than most people think

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
He was just better player in pretty much every aspect except goal scoring, and he always elevated his linemates game and outside of goals was more impactful player, i think they’re atleast closer than most people think

I think they're close-ish. But you'd be hard pressed to find a lot of people agreeing St.Louis was better of the two. Selanne was by eye-test and numbers a more balanced offensive player. He had longer prime and his international career is astoundingly better. More often than not people think Teemu was just a goal-scorer but he has 5 top-10 assist finishes during his career. That's one less than St.Louis.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
I think they're close-ish. But you'd be hard pressed to find a lot of people agreeing St.Louis was better of the two. Selanne was by eye-test and numbers a more balanced offensive player. He had longer prime and his international career is astoundingly better. More often than not people think Teemu was just a goal-scorer but he has 5 top-10 assist finishes during his career. That's one less than St.Louis.
But Selänne was way worse in his own zone, and in those little things that don’t show up on the scoreboard, also Selänne did have better international career but he failed to win anything, even with some really strong Finland teams, if i was to build a team i’d choose St. Louis over Selänne, just more useful player but with just bit less scoring. Not a knock on Selänne by any means, he is a tremendous player and probably had the better career but i feel like St. Louis was the better all-around player and criminally underrated.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Messier
Sakic
Yzerman
Forsberg

Took Forsberg (He was actually better in the playoffs and regular season than Sakic in their overlapping time together) if health wasn't an issue, even then he still played a lot of games in the regular season, playoffs and internationally so I took him but any of these 4 would be acceptable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad