Recalled/Assigned: Great news! Emmerton is back up!

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Maybe if we wear Team Russia jerseys Datsyuk will suck it up for us the same way, look at our center depth, my God.:cry:

Good news we are only playing a team with the fastest centers in the league.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Sucks that we have this many injuries, and in turn it sucks that we are relying on Emmerton. But he's the right guy to recall. He's got the experience.

Experience? At being a plug? Sitting on the bench when we need a goal? Sitting on the bench when we need a big face off win? Sitting on the bench when we need to hold a lead?

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Experience? At being a plug? Sitting on the bench when we need a goal? Sitting on the bench when we need a big face off win? Sitting on the bench when we need to hold a lead?

Experience playing in the NHL. Which Ferraro and Jarnkrok don't have. I don't like Emmerton, but it's a big difference.

Really though, I'd rather Franzen play center than either of the other two scenarios. Which I think may still happen. Emmerton could be getting the call simply to be an option to be decided on later. He may still find the pressbox.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
500x_greatnews.jpg

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Experience playing in the NHL. Which Ferraro and Jarnkrok don't have. I don't like Emmerton, but it's a big difference.

Really though, I'd rather Franzen play center than either of the other two scenarios. Which I think may still happen. Emmerton could be getting the call simply to be an option to be decided on later. He may still find the pressbox.

To me that'd be like taking Lebda over Marchenko or Ouellet. Lebda has experience, but he has experience being a guy who doesn't measure up in the NHL. Emmerton's not good enough on our team and he didn't interest any other teams when he passed through waivers.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
To me that'd be like taking Lebda over Marchenko or Ouellet. Lebda has experience, but he has experience being a guy who doesn't measure up in the NHL. Emmerton's not good enough on our team and he didn't interest any other teams when he passed through waivers.

I think defense, even the #6 guy, is a lot different than 4th line center who may only see 5-10 minutes. So I don't think the analogy works.

Again, I don't like Emmerton, but he's the best option to call up if that's the route we're taking.

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1m
Wings recalled Cory Emmerton to fill in for Joakim Andersson, out 2-3 weeks with broken foot.

And he's back!

NyquistIsMyGod*

Really not happy with Emmerton back up. He doesn't add much. At least with Landon for example we'd be able to see what he has. I was really hoping for Pulkkinen getting called up and Abdelkader used as a centre again.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Play Franzen at center and call up Pulkkinen and actually add some talent to the team?...nah we'll just call up Emmerton and keep grinding the life out of the team....

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
So apparently the Wings aren't too fond of Ferraro or Callahan.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Emmerton has experience on his side...getting late in the year to experiment with Ferraro or Callahan. Andersson was centering the third line...it would be different if they were replacing the 4th line center.

NyquistIsMyGod*

Franzen-Legwand-Nyquist
Tatar-Abdelkader-Alfredsson
Jurco-Sheahan-Pulkkinen
Miller-Glendening-Bertuzzi

IMO at least, that team looks a lot deeper rather than Emmerton and Glendening both.

NyquistIsMyGod*

Emmerton has experience on his side...getting late in the year to experiment with Ferraro or Callahan. Andersson was centering the third line...it would be different if they were replacing the 4th line center.

The problem is Emmerton nor Glendening have even somewhat the ability to play on the third.

danincanada

Feb 11, 2008
Play Franzen at center and call up Pulkkinen and actually add some talent to the team?...nah we'll just call up Emmerton and keep grinding the life out of the team....

Agreed, I'd rather see this:

Nyquist - Franzen - Pulkkinen
Abdelkader - Legwand - Alfredsson
Jurco - Sheahan - Tatar
Miller - Glendening - Bertuzzi/Emmerton

NyquistIsMyGod*

Agreed, I'd rather see this:

Nyquist - Franzen - Pulkkinen
Abdelkader - Legwand - Alfredsson
Jurco - Sheahan - Tatar
Miller - Glendening - Bertuzzi/Emmerton

Thing with me is, I like Franzen at the wing right now as he's shooting more than ever. He was great at centre too, but with the team needing goals I prefer him at the wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad