Recalled/Assigned: Great news! Emmerton is back up!

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
spelling-bee-winner-excitement.gif

Just... Why? He's not even better than any of the centers we have... and we're missing 4 of them.

Franzen must be staying on the wing.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
why....?
Calle Jarnkrok anybody??
If I have to watch Joakim Andersson as our #1 center again, I will not get through the game. Emmerton struggled as a 4th line center in this league, makes no sense calling him up. Colorado are gonna embaress us. Matt Duchene, Ryan O'reilly, Paul Stastny down the middle vs....Joakim Andersson, Cory Emmerton and Luke Glendening. :help:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Meh. Would have liked to are Ferraro or Jarnkrok get a look. But whatever.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
This sort of season probably happens to most clubs at some point, we just haven't seen it for over 20 years.

Really? I mean, we're missing like, our top 4 centers.

This is a ridiculous amount of power lost due to injury.

At one point I know the Pens were missing Crosby and Malkin, but hell, we don't even have our 3/4 options at this point.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Why? Emmerton is a plug when you're up against the cap. That's his only purpose.

We have a fat chance of winning this game with these centers. Absolutely not reason not to see what Ferraro or Calle are about at the NHL level.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Why? Emmerton is a plug when you're up against the cap. That's his only purpose.

We have a fat chance of winning this game with these centers. Absolutely not reason not to see what Ferraro or Calle are about at the NHL level.

Absolutely. Emmerton, on his best days, is a 3C. He's *barely* a 4C.

He gives us no chance to win. Jarnkrok at least might. And it might help us evaluate what he could be for us in the future. He's been playing well in GR lately, why not give him a shot? It doesn't seem like Weiss/Datsyuk/Helm are going to be out TOO much longer. This would be quite temporary.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Sucks that we have this many injuries, and in turn it sucks that we are relying on Emmerton. But he's the right guy to recall. He's got the experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad