Great Moments of the Not-So-Great Era?

Oilers10

I hate Dallas Eakins
Dec 4, 2004
McDavids breakout game against Calgary when all the 1st OA's scored.

McDavids performance against Montreal coming back from 3-0 down.

McDavids comeback vs CBJ.

McDavid vs Toronto.

McDavid

McDavid

McDavid

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Eberle first goal, gagners 8 point night, Yaks power slide after scoring, managements replacement.

All great moments but #1 is Smyth's last game, nothing beats that. That's up there with the draft lottery win for me.

slaman

McOilers Fan
Oct 22, 2010
Toronto
1. Winning the McDavid lottery - unexpected, and a feeling of unconditional joy
2. Hemsky's goal against Dallas - I still can't believe that this actually happened...
3. Gagner's 8-point night - truly a special night we probably will never see again in our lifetimes
4. Eberle's first goal - they should make a commercial out of it ;)
5. Yak's sliding celebration - perfect way to cap a really intense game... and it pissed off Cherry

SnooPac

Sep 13, 2008
Of course I love many/all of what people have posted. Gagner 8, Yak Slide, McDavid Lottery/Return amongst the tops.

But for me personally its the Stefan/Hemsky thing, because I was somehow at that game.
Keep in mind, I live in Toronto and that I was in Edmonton for work for ~3 days (one of only 2 times I've visited Edmonton in my life, only time during hockey season). So I find it odd/lucky that I was there for that.

WayneGreatzky

Nov 26, 2014
Edmonton
Gagner's 8 point night definately at the top. My aunt and uncle had given me tickets to that game as an xmas gift (what a good choice!) and its a night at Rexall I'll never forget :)

Honorable mentions:

- All those Garon shootout wins and just missing the playoffs (3 points was it?) in 2008

- The night with Kruger at the helm just before the TD where the Oil whooped the flames 8-2 in calgary and clinched a playoff spot for 24 Hrs :laugh: :cry:

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
So many things come to mind unfortunately most of them were off the ice. Lowe's blow up during Mac T's GM hiring announcement. Lowe's public apology for insulting the fans where he's prominently displaying, in the background, a photo of his Rangers Stanley Cup victory while he's telling the fans how much he loves the Oilers (even though he won five cups here). The first jersey toss where the organization promised the fan he could drop the puck at the Oilers first play off game. Mac T's final few press conferences as GM were legendary too. Hard to pick just one as all of these things were just so bizarre and showed us just how ill equipped and unprofessional these guys really were and how there was no light and the end of the tunnel with them in charge.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Lowe's public apology for insulting the fans where he's prominently displaying, in the background, a photo of his Rangers Stanley Cup victory while he's telling the fans how much he loves the Oilers
Lol...! I never noticed that.

Poor Kevin Lowe. All that goodwill he had as a player and manager/coach up to 2006 destroyed with this legendarily crap period of Oilers' hockey. No wonder he lost his hair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad