Post-Game Talk: great game

Detroit Sports*

Jimmy Howard is complete ****ing garbage I don't care.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
**** the shootout. Seriously how many points do we lose a year from sucking so much at shootouts? Nobody can score, Howard can't stop a shot. We're lucky to even be close like we were tonight in most shootouts.

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
Howard is the worst shootout goalie ive ever soon. Dude couldn't stop a beach ball coming his way. ****ing embarrassing'

Roy S

May 16, 2009
Meh, they controlled the whole game. Reimer was great. Shootouts are pointless and mean nothing outside of playoff seeding if teams are that close.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Howard is literally incapable of stealing a shootout. I don't think it's ever happened once.

Actually I want to say he was quite good at it three years ago, obviously he is God awful at them now.

Overall great game, Reimer stole two points for the Leafs, still love the way we played. Far superior team will lose sometimes in hockey, just one of those nights. :shakehead

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
**** the SO.

**** the fact that Howie cannot ONCE save us in the SO.

Just.... ****. We didn't deserve to lose this one. The ML are embarrassingly bad.

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
Great game by everyone not named Howard. He is so awful in the shootout its embarrassing. I don't hate on goalies ever but ffs make a save against these scrubs.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
While I'd like to blame Howard more, how about we call out players like Nyquist who don't even get their shot on the net?

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
It was the Leafs 3 game in 4 nights and 5th game in 7 against a rested Wings team. Leafs have competed hard with the WIngs their previous two games, and expect them to again on Saturday.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Howard is literally incapable of stealing a shootout. I don't think it's ever happened once.

He was actually above average in shoot-outs before the lock-out.

Since the lock-out he is essentially a dumpster fire in the shoot-out.

I don't even know if there is a point in us participating in them, unless Mrazek or Gus is playing.

***Just talking about shoot-outs, other wise Jimmy is playing great IMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad