Great 3rd/4th line

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
Always like when a team a great 3rd or 4th line that always stick together, a very important line that is physical, great defensively and brings a lot energy every night.

With Gauthier, Carrick, Ashton, D'Amigo, Broll, Biggs, Devane, Hartikainen, etc. In the system we nay have one great future role line who'll stick togethet and be a big part of the team.

I'd like to know about some of our best energy line throughout our history.

Thanks in advance guys!

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Always like when a team a great 3rd or 4th line that always stick together, a very important line that is physical, great defensively and brings a lot energy every night.

With Gauthier, Carrick, Ashton, D'Amigo, Broll, Biggs, Devane, Hartikainen, etc. In the system we nay have one great future role line who'll stick togethet and be a big part of the team.

I'd like to know about some of our best energy line throughout our history.

Thanks in advance guys!

Berg-Zezel-Osborne

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Brad Ross and Kenny Ryan plus Komarov possibly dont forget these guys are all very fast tough pests.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
BJNQ_sqCAAE6G5N.jpg

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
Brad Ross and Kenny Ryan plus Komarov possibly dont forget these guys are all very fast tough pests.

Brad Ross likely won't make it to the NHL, at least as a pest.

Toronto has a lot of young players who could easily take bottom 6 jobs in the next couple seasons. I'd rank their potential as:

Top 6 Potential:
Gauthier
Holland

Top 9 Potential:
Carrick
D'amigo
Ashton
Biggs - People's opinions will change when Biggs gets a top 6 role with the Marlies next season

Useful 4th line players:
Broll
Hartikainen

13th Forwards:
Ryan - I am high on his defensive abilities, however, offense will be non existent in the NHL
Devane - Comes into the lineup when the team needs more sandpaper on the 4th line

Too be honest, I think every single one of them could cut it in the NHL. The only guys I don't see making it are Kozun, McKegg, & Ross.

D'amigo (5'11" - 213 lbs.) - Gauthier (6'5" - 215 lbs.) - Biggs (6'3" - 224 lbs.)
Broll (6'2" - 220 lbs.) - Carrick (6' - 207 lbs.) - Ashton (6'3" - 215 lbs.)

This is a bottom 6 that has great size and is tough but can still skate, hit, & hopefully add some depth scoring. However, this would be 2-3 years from now as many of these players need to work on one of these aspects. For now, I would be very happy with:

D'amigo - Holland - Ashton
Bodie - McClement - Komarov

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Corson - Tucker - Domi
Corson - Green - Tucker

Anything with Tucker/Corson was great.

We had Antro-Niewy-Poni at one point, which was pretty cool.

Someone already mentioned Zezel-Berg-Osborne

I always liked Kilger as a third line guy.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Having a great 3rd and 4th line would go a long, long way into fixing this team. That's a lot easier to upgrade than the defence and the top end skill. I'm still hoping for our prospects and Marlies to develop into that upgrade soon.

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
Corson Green Tucker

Yeah, pretty solid.

Love Komarov, would be awesome if he's back. Ryan does have a very solid defensive game, Ross seems like he needs a change of scenary.

Brad Ross likely won't make it to the NHL, at least as a pest.

Toronto has a lot of young players who could easily take bottom 6 jobs in the next couple seasons. I'd rank their potential as:

Top 6 Potential:
Gauthier
Holland

Top 9 Potential:
Carrick
D'amigo
Ashton
Biggs - People's opinions will change when Biggs gets a top 6 role with the Marlies next season

Useful 4th line players:
Broll
Hartikainen

13th Forwards:
Ryan - I am high on his defensive abilities, however, offense will be non existent in the NHL
Devane - Comes into the lineup when the team needs more sandpaper on the 4th line

Too be honest, I think every single one of them could cut it in the NHL. The only guys I don't see making it are Kozun, McKegg, & Ross.

D'amigo (5'11" - 213 lbs.) - Gauthier (6'5" - 215 lbs.) - Biggs (6'3" - 224 lbs.)
Broll (6'2" - 220 lbs.) - Carrick (6' - 207 lbs.) - Ashton (6'3" - 215 lbs.)

This is a bottom 6 that has great size and is tough but can still skate, hit, & hopefully add some depth scoring. However, this would be 2-3 years from now as many of these players need to work on one of these aspects. For now, I would be very happy with:

D'amigo - Holland - Ashton
Bodie - McClement - Komarov

Yeah, these looks like solid bottom 6. Add an enforcer as the 13th forward and it's perfexct for me.

Corson - Tucker - Domi
Corson - Green - Tucker

Anything with Tucker/Corson was great.

We had Antro-Niewy-Poni at one point, which was pretty cool.

Someone already mentioned Zezel-Berg-Osborne

I always liked Kilger as a third line guy.

Solid lines.

Having a great 3rd and 4th line would go a long, long way into fixing this team. That's a lot easier to upgrade than the defence and the top end skill. I'm still hoping for our prospects and Marlies to develop into that upgrade soon.

Yeah, for sure. Having energy line that brings momentum to the team, plays physical, is great defensively and can chip in offensively is huge for team success.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
That's been one our major downfall this season. The lack of a bottom 6 made Carlyle overplay the top line, and even certain players way to much.

It's a mess. Stop with the useless goons if they can't play more then 3-5 minutes because they are a liability on the ice. Playing 3 lines the whole game is terrible for our top players. There's no reason why Ashton, D'Amigo and even Holland couldn't play additional minutes in their roles. Asthon played around 20 games with less then 5 minutes... what the ****?

I just hope the new coach will have half a brain and try to roll 4 lines as much as he can. This doesn't mean you give them equal minutes, but the 4th line should be able to handle anywhere from 8 minutes to even 12 minutes depending on the game. Ashton and D'Amigo are MAJOR upgrades over the 2 numbnuts in any game this season but had to either play their 3 minutes or sit in the press box. They skate hard, they are aggressive and can actually do more then just look for a dumb fight or take a useless penalty to put us down.

Just not good enough from the coach and his ability to adapt.

Anyway, to answer the question, from recent memory, I loved the Green, Tucker and Domi line. Corson did his part well. Heck even Chad Kilger was a good bottom 6 guy that hit and had a blast of a shot. We definitely need to get players that are harder to play against.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad