Confirmed with Link: Grease in the Crease: Pizza Goalie is an All-Star

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
It's true, he's been good this year, one insane stretch during which the team was almost .500... but Smit Dogg, he's slipping... 7 of his last 8 games he's been dragging down his overall Sv% to .918...

...which is now lower than:

Dubnyk
Greiss
Ochocinco
(but higher than Montoya!)

(about once a game the arena displays during a timeout will show that nickname "Smit Dogg" while they play "Who Let The Dogs Out?", which absolutely no one seems to have picked up on)

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
(about once a game the arena displays during a timeout will show that nickname "Smit Dogg" while they play "Who Let The Dogs Out?", which absolutely no one seems to have picked up on)

He will always be Pizza Goalie to me. Grease in the crease, da fella wit da mozzarella, the Original Stuffed Crust with Cheese to Please.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
He will always be Pizza Goalie to me. Grease in the crease, da fella wit da mozzarella, the Original Stuffed Crust with Cheese to Please.

hehe "fella wit da mozzarella"...

The CBJ Papa John's spot is with Nick Foligno, who is struggling to keep up because he's trying to put the pizzas in the boxes with his hockey gloves on. The manager suggests he "drop the gloves" and Nick says "are you *sure* you want me to do that?"

(as far as hockey related promos go, for me it's hard to top "hey, Keith Tkachuk, I locked my keys in my car, can you help?" *bashes window with elbow* )

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'm surprised Josh Jooris and Peter Holland did not get the nod, but I guess I understand the reasoning.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Congrats to the Pizza Goalie ... single-handedly held us in a lot of games this year, he's been darn good.

hehe "fella wit da mozzarella"...

The CBJ Papa John's spot is with Nick Foligno, who is struggling to keep up because he's trying to put the pizzas in the boxes with his hockey gloves on. The manager suggests he "drop the gloves" and Nick says "are you *sure* you want me to do that?"

(as far as hockey related promos go, for me it's hard to top "hey, Keith Tkachuk, I locked my keys in my car, can you help?" *bashes window with elbow* )

Some good comedy from PK Subban, Greg Zanon and Jordan Eberle.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Smitty earned this one, he's been playing great and that's without much help from the rest of the team unfortunately.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
The league didn't want another John Scott type selection. Why I don't know because it was a great feel good story and future Disney movie.

This years "John Scott" is not Mike Smith, it's actually Jonathan Toews, who's 130th in the league in PPG.

Is Uncle Gary going to have a chat with him about how to behave since he obviously doesn't belong in the game?

I'm fine with him being there, since the game is and should be a fan popularity contest.

...still a little ticked about how Scott was treated.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I've never been a fan of the skills comp, but the past few years the kids have really gotten into it. The goal was pretty incredible.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
That was literally the only time that an LA crowd is ever going to give Mike Smith a standing ovation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad