Graves Vs Myers

Who will be the best player?

• Total voters

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
I really do think Myers will be a top-pairing guy within two seasons. So many tools and a high IQ, he’s just waiting for the opportunity to explode.

Graves was a good fit with Makar this year but I don’t see a ton of room for improvement. Very nice player for the Avs, and maybe slightly better this past season, but I take Myers.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Graves is the safe pick. i think its likely myers ends up better though so its tough.

i think id edge towards graves because he was impressive from what ive seen this year and hes from close to where im from lol

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I really do think Myers will be a top-pairing guy within two seasons. So many tools and a high IQ, he’s just waiting for the opportunity to explode.

Graves was a good fit with Makar this year but I don’t see a ton of room for improvement. Very nice player for the Avs, and maybe slightly better this past season, but I take Myers.

Basically how I see it. I'm not sure if Myers will be a clear top pairing guy, but I think he'll be the type who can play up or down in the top 4 and not look out of place, whereas Graves I think will be more of a complementary #4 type.

Reactions: Dominance

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Graves defensively but Myers has that offensive ceiling while also being no slouch defensively.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I've long been a big fan of Graves. Avalanche fans know that.

However, I don't think we are talking about similar level talents. If Myers hits his ceiling, he should be clearly a lot better. First pairing defenseman potential. Even if he doesn't, I still think he'll be better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad