Confirmed with Link: Gravel signs for 1 year

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
lets be honest here, 650K is not "nothing". It would take me at least 5 years to make that kind of money in my profession :)

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

Kings basically said you'll get nothing, and you'll like it. Two-way deal too. Avoids arbitration.

I'm pretty sure Gravel took them to arbitration to impose a legal deadline to come to an agreement. Especially with those terms.

eleventy

Conditioner goes first
Jul 4, 2007
Aren't players electing arbitration also protected from signing an offer sheet?

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I'm pretty sure Gravel took them to arbitration to impose a legal deadline to come to an agreement. Especially with those terms.

I though more likely he was trying to get a one-way deal, but it may end up being the Kings offered him more money on the AHL side if he is demoted and that was more favorable to Gravel in the end to give him some protection. No information yet on the AHL salary.

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
Good signing. Though Gravel had an up and down season - there's enough in the body of work if he does have a good season coming up, he can expect a lot more. Or he's gone.

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
Good signing for both sides. I'm surprised it's two-way but probably shouldn't be. I'm rooting for Gravel to become a good player who will be around for a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad