NHL Entry Draft: GrandLarseny's 2 Round Mock Draft (2022) - 10th Annual

GrandLarseny

Jersey Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
It’s everyone’s favorite time of the year, draft season! Look at my batting average below and realize that you shouldn’t take me seriously at all, but 10 years of doing this and I always have fun at least.

1. Montreal Canadiens - Shane Wright
2. New Jersey Devils - Juraj Slafkovsky
3. Arizona Coyotes - Logan Cooley
4. Seattle Kraken - Simon Nemec
5. Philadelphia Flyers - David Jiricek
6. Columbus Blue Jackets (via CHI) - Cutter Gauthier
7. Ottawa Senators - Marco Kasper
8. Detroit Red Wings - Matt Savoie
9. Buffalo Sabres - Joakim Kemell
10. Anaheim Ducks - Kevin Korchinski
11. San Jose Sharks - Pavel Mintyukov
12. Columbus Blue Jackets - Lian Bichsel
13. New York Islanders - Jonathan Lekkerimaki
14. Winnipeg Jets - Conor Geekie
15. Vancouver Canucks - Nathan Gaucher
16. Buffalo Sabres (via VGK) - Danila Yurov
17. Nashville Predators - Denton Mateychuk
18. Dallas Stars - Ryan Chesley
19. Minnesota Wild (via LAK) - Ivan Miroshnichenko
20. Washington Capitals - Noah Ostlund
21. Pittsburgh Penguins - Frank Nazar
22. Anaheim Ducks (via BOS) - Jimmy Snuggerud
23. St. Louis Blues - Rutger McGroarty
24. Minnesota Wild - Jiri Kulich
25. Toronto Maple Leafs - Owen Pickering
26. Montreal Canadiens (via CGY) - Liam Ohgren
27. Arizona Coyotes (via CAR) - Reid Schaefer
28. Buffalo Sabres (via FLA) - Sam Rinzel
29. Edmonton Oilers - Julian Lutz
30. Winnipeg Jets (via NYR) - Tristan Luneau
31. Tampa Bay Lightning - Brad Lambert
32. Arizona Coyotes (via COL) - Maveric Lamoureaux

33. Montreal Canadiens - Lane Hutson
34. Arizona Coyotes - Owen Beck
35. Seattle Kraken - Luca Del Bel Belluz
36. Arizona Coyotes (via PHI) - Filip Mesar
37. New Jersey Devils - Calle Odelius
38. Chicago Blackhawks - Elias Salomonsson
39. Ottawa Senators - Jagger Firkus
40. Detroit Red Wings - Rieger Lorenz
41. Buffalo Sabres - Filip Bystedt
42. Anaheim Ducks - Jack Hughes
43. Arizona Coyotes (via SJ) - Tomas Hamara
44. Columbus Blue Jackets - Isaac Howard
45. Arizona Coyotes (via NYI) - Jani Nyman
46. Washington Capitals (via WPG) - Mattias Havelid
47. Minnesota Wild (via ARI) - Noah Warren
48. Vegas Golden Knights - Elias Pettersson
49. Seattle Kraken (via NSH) - Alexander Perevalov
50. Dallas Stars - Gleb Trikozov
51. Los Angeles Kings - David Goyette
52. Detroit Red Wings (via WSH) - Matyas Sapovaliv
53. Anaheim Ducks (via PIT) - Adam Sykora
54. Boston Bruins - Ty Nelson
55. Winnipeg Jets (via NYR) - Cameron Lund
56. Minnesota Wild - Simon Forsmark
57. Chicago Blackhawks (via MIN) - Adam Ingram
58. Seattle Kraken (via TOR) - Danil Zhilkin
59. Calgary Flames - Paul Ludwinski
60. Carolina Hurricanes - Seamus Casey
61. Seattle Kraken (via CGY) - Tyler Brennan
62. Montreal Canadiens (via EDM) - Alexander Suzdalev
63. New York Rangers - Matthew Poitras
64. Ottawa Senators (via TB) - Devin Kaplan
65. New York Islanders (via COL) - Mats Lindgren

Previous Years Results:

2013: 4/60
2014: 8/60
2015: 8/61
2016: 5/61 (I'm counting Logan Brown to OTT)
2017: 9/62 (Also counting Jake Oettinger to DAL)
2018: 5/62
2019: 4/62
2020: 5/62 (s/o to Luke Evangelista going to NSH at 42 though)
2021: 4/64

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
I like all 3 picks for the Sens, my only issue is not one of them is an RHD. I have a feeling Sens will grab Noah Warren in the 2nd round he just screams Sens pick if he's available there.

spfan

May 4, 2009
Bichsel and Gaucher definitely too high for me. Would like Nazar to fall to Pens, but realistically that's very unlikely.

I like all 3 picks for the Sens, my only issue is not one of them is an RHD. I have a feeling Sens will grab Noah Warren in the 2nd round he just screams Sens pick if he's available there.
The Kasper jumping so high on a lot of mocks just reminds me of Kotkaniemi.
I think he'll be a pretty good player, but I don't see the super high upside. I won't be shocked at all if he goes top 10, or even specifically to Sens at 7, but it's not the best move in my opinion. And as I've stated before, Stutzle should be a Center long term. Stutzle and Norris can be 1C and 2C.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Bichsel and Gaucher definitely too high for me. Would like Nazar to fall to Pens, but realistically that's very unlikely.

The Kasper jumping so high on a lot of mocks just reminds me of Kotkaniemi.
I think he'll be a pretty good player, but I don't see the super high upside. I won't be shocked at all if he goes top 10, or even specifically to Sens at 7, but it's not the best move in my opinion. And as I've stated before, Stutzle should be a Center long term. Stutzle and Norris can be 1C and 2C.

I fully agree with you. That doesn't mean Kasper can't play wing or become an elite 3C.

GrandLarseny

Jersey Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I can definitely see the Sens adding to their RD but I do like the group they've got already with Thomson, JBD, and Guenette. That said, I initially had them getting Salomonsson before settling with him going to Chicago so them taking Warren wouldn't be out of the question.
Honestly I'm not the biggest fan of Gaucher personally but it sounds like a good chunk of teams are high on him and I get why on paper. Big responsible right handed center who can skate aren't easy to come by even if you aren't convinced of his offensive upside.

Bischel going that high is just a bit of a hunch I have, ala Moritz Seider going a bit higher than the consensus rankings a few years back. With everything he already has (size & skating) coupled with the thoughts of some untapped offense, I just felt that Columbus would happily bet their second first rounder on that kind of upside.

As for Nazar, I just think one of the smallish scoring forwards between him, Kemell, or Savoie will fall a little later than expected. Kemell especially seems to have fallen a bit from grace for some people but I like him so I kept him up in the T10.

I'm also a big fan of Kasper and I think he'd be a great fit with what Ottawa is building.

Thanks for taking the time to comment guys!

spfan

May 4, 2009
I fully agree with you. That doesn't mean Kasper can't play wing or become an elite 3C.
I just don't like his upside enough for top 10, let alone at 7.
Just reminds me of Kotkaniemi, who most ranked mid first for almost all season, then suddenly said he should go 3rd to Habs.
Kasper ranked early 20's all season, then suddenly seen as top 10. Obviously draft stock goes up and down, but just seemed random and reminds me most of Kotkaniemi. I liked Kotkaniemi, but I just didn't see the super upside. Kasper, same thing for me. I'd rather take higher upside guys. Savoie, Kemell, Lambert.

spfan

May 4, 2009
Honestly I'm not the biggest fan of Gaucher personally but it sounds like a good chunk of teams are high on him and I get why on paper. Big responsible right handed center who can skate aren't easy to come by even if you aren't convinced of his offensive upside.

Bischel going that high is just a bit of a hunch I have, ala Moritz Seider going a bit higher than the consensus rankings a few years back. With everything he already has (size & skating) coupled with the thoughts of some untapped offense, I just felt that Columbus would happily bet their second first rounder on that kind of upside.

As for Nazar, I just think one of the smallish scoring forwards between him, Kemell, or Savoie will fall a little later than expected. Kemell especially seems to have fallen a bit from grace for some people but I like him so I kept him up in the T10.

I'm also a big fan of Kasper and I think he'd be a great fit with what Ottawa is building.

Thanks for taking the time to comment guys!
Vancouver is an interesting team. Their biggest need is RHD, but there won't be one worth taking at 15th.
I think they should just go for BPA. Gaucher is a lower upside guy. Would give them EP, Bo and Gaucher down the middle, but I think they should go with a higher upside player.

He does have some Seider-like potential, as in surprisingly being picked much higher. I just wouldn't do it.
CBJ do have the 2 picks, but I don't see it being worth it. I'd go Mateychuk if they want a LHD, which is somewhat of a need. Or Lambert, Yurov, Miroshnichenko.

I think Nazar is more the opposite. That his stock has risen more than anything. I could see him falling to late teens, but not quite to Pens pick, unfortunately.

As far as predictions go, won't be shocked if Kasper goes to Sens, but I just don't like his upside nearly enough to pick him that high myself.

Reactions: GrandLarseny

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad