Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins Discussion

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
When the playoffs start and who do we face?
We have two games left. Will face the Rockford Ice Hogs. Probably home ice advantage, as we have a 3 point lead now.

Not sure how the playoffs work, as apparently 23 teams make the playoffs. I do believe GR is qualified for the division semi finals, meaning they will skip the first round. First round is best of 3.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
We have two games left. Will face the Rockford Ice Hogs. Probably home ice advantage, as we have a 3 point lead now.

Not sure how the playoffs work, as apparently 23 teams make the playoffs. I do believe GR is qualified for the division semi finals, meaning they will skip the first round. First round is best of 3.
The AHL playoff setup these days is bananalands.

2024 Calder Cup Playoff Primer

You're right, Griffs are currently lined up for a "first round" bye. Note that there are now five rounds in the AHL playoffs, so once the Griffs start playing, there will be 16 teams.

Oddly, the Griffins are already selling tickets to home games against the Ice Hogs on May 1 and May 3. Odd because, mathematically, it's undecided which team will have home ice advantage.

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
The AHL playoff setup these days is bananalands.

2024 Calder Cup Playoff Primer

You're right, Griffs are currently lined up for a "first round" bye. Note that there are now five rounds in the AHL playoffs, so once the Griffs start playing, there will be 16 teams.

Oddly, the Griffins are already selling tickets to home games against the Ice Hogs on May 1 and May 3. Odd because, mathematically, it's undecided which team will have home ice advantage.
No matter what, whether GR gets 2nd or 3rd seed their home games are 5.1 and 5.3. Check their website.

This Griffins team, now that they are healthy are going to be very difficult to beat. If Cossa continues to play like he has, this team may not lose a game in the play-offs. With Ed back their D core are unbreachable, and Getty’s back with Cz…I can’t wait to watch!

Spezia, Finnie, Hanas, Hall and Johannes all watching from the stands, that shows the depth this team has upfront.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
No matter what, whether GR gets 2nd or 3rd seed their home games are 5.1 and 5.3. Check their website.
The website is where I got that from lol. I'm just saying, that's kind of strange. Usually the schedule would look different depending on whether you're the team with home ice or not.

Oct 18, 2006
Baring another miracle comeback it looks like the Griffins, despite a full strength Griffins outfit, will go down to Wallstedt’a Iowa in what would be a very disappointing loss.

Reactions: heyfolks

Christien

May 1, 2010
Eek, might need to take back my earlier statement. Cossa’s letting them leak. So far Wallstedt looking like the better goalie.
Cossa’s gotten the better in him in their head to heads this season. No doubt Wallstedt wants to get a win against Cossa.

Reactions: Konnan511

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
I shall repeat this one, this post season is a big test for Cossa, not just in development but in being able to carry a team when it matters most.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Depending on results of today's games, here is the 2 different schedules for the Griffins-IceHogs playoff series:

If the Griffins are the second seed, the schedule will be:
Game 1Sat., April 27GRIFFINS at Rockford IceHogs8 p.m.
Game 2Wed., May 1Rockford IceHogs at GRIFFINS7 p.m.
Game 3Fri., May 3Rockford IceHogs at GRIFFINS7 p.m.
*Game 4Sun., May 5GRIFFINS at Rockford IceHogs5 p.m.
*Game 5Fri., May 10Rockford IceHogs at GRIFFINS7 p.m.
* If necessary

If the Griffins are the third seed, the schedule will be:
Game 1Fri., April 26GRIFFINS at Rockford IceHogs8 p.m.
Game 2Sat., April 27GRIFFINS at Rockford IceHogs8 p.m.
Game 3Wed., May 1Rockford IceHogs at GRIFFINS7 p.m.
*Game 4Fri., May 3Rockford IceHogs at GRIFFINS7 p.m.
*Game 5Sun., May 5GRIFFINS at Rockford IceHogs5 p.m.
* If necessary

Reactions: jaster

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad