Confirmed with Link: Granato Out (Jason Christie & Matt Smith also let go, Ellis being reassigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Thank god. Wish it was mid season and we went after Berube or some1 who could of pushed us to a playoff spot but better late than never. Please bring in a proven winner no matter how much it costs i beg you T pegs.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Go get our own Brind’Amour……get Michael Peca. I get if there is a weak stomach for another first timer but Peca is my choice.
If they go with a guy like Peca, or McKee or James Patrick, then they have to have a veteran NHL HC as an assistant.

The bare minimum I would be OK with is Peca with Lindy as an assistant coach for a year or two before sliding into a senior advisor position.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
If they go with a guy like Peca, or McKee or James Patrick, then they have to have a veteran NHL HC as an assistant.

The bare minimum I would be OK with is Peca with Lindy as an assistant coach for a year or two before sliding into a senior advisor position.
The biggest thing I’m concerned about is the in game adjustments and special teams. If they get quality assistants to handle that, then that makes a huge difference

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Tell me ownership isn't looking real hard at its GM wondering why the premature, multi-year extension to a coach who is getting canned as said extension just kicks in. I don't think Adams survives the purge.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Gives me a little hope that Adams understands he can’t drag out his mistakes.

The bit about Donnie being the right coach at the time and not meeting expectations of being a contender gives me a little more hope that he won’t promote Appert or Ellis. Because they would not be “a different direction”.

Lets be clear about this, this wasn't Adams decision.

This was the Pegula's deciding enough was enough.

And its encouraging, because it means the Pegulas at least are still aware the Sabres exist.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I could see Lindy as the head coach with Appert as the assistant running forwards and PP. Then they bury Ellis in the video room or something

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY

Just make it Lindy. Lindy return makes an impossible amount of sense.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Lets be clear about this, this wasn't Adams decision.

This was the Pegula's deciding enough was enough.

And its encouraging, because it means the Pegulas at least are still aware the Sabres exist.
I think Terry making this call means he's hopefully ready to spend

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The biggest thing I’m concerned about is the in game adjustments and special teams. If they get quality assistants to handle that, then that makes a huge difference
My biggest concern is that they had a team that was bottom 5 in both payroll and experience this season and we might not see changes in the roster that change that this offseason.

If they once again have a young team, they need a staff that has experience making the NHL playoffs to lead the way and fix the things that need fixing beyond just the PP and in game adjustments.

The folding when expectations were raised, them going 0-6 when they were within 4 pts of a WC spot, and the maddening inconsistencies early in the year are all things that the next staff needs to know what to do to snap this team out of the slow starting funk they had and take that next step, IMO.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Well.

That's 1 step in the right direction that I wasn't expecting. It makes me feel a small flutter of hope...

Now we need another 5 or so steps in the right direction and I might actually be optimistic about next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad