8.0 Bournival
7.0 Moen
7.5 Weise
7.0 Maholtra

Three stars: Price, Eller, Bournival

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
i liked what i saw from chucky centering Patches.. but PAP shouldn't be on a top line if he continues playing the way he was tonight .. very slow. but again it is just preseason, this is only the first loss, and its mainly due to most of the team looking uninterested in the game coupled with a gazillion penalties.

but, I hope they get some fire back for the next game .. cause this was boring to watch.

mind you, its still better than no hockey at all ... So, I'm still just happy hockey's back. :)

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Price was near perfect...

Rest of the team was pretty meh

Played like a team that has 16 guys playing who knew that they had made the team and didn't want to be there. They know they still have a bunch of these exhibition games left and went through the motions.

The friday night team with all the kids played like they had something to prove. These guys didn't (with a few exceptions, Price, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Sekac a few small handful of others).

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Loved Chucky. He made some beautiful plays in the O'zone. Great vision.

Like I had predicted, Pacioretty had no interest in playing with him, and it showed. Give Sekac and Gally to Chucky, and you would have a very interesting kid line out there. Won't happen this season, but one day, maybe.

And Parenteau should not be playing with DD and Pacioretty. Gally needs to play with them.

Loved Sekac. He should be looking for an appartment. Bournival is a solid 2-way player. Loved the intensity and was pretty solid on the PK.

Didn't see the Tinner hit. Will need to see it.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Since the other thread was closed:

Classic Trotz-type of game. I like the way the Habs played in the 3rd.

Sekac didn't look out of place, even if he was a little more quiet.

Thomas didn't look as explosive. Quiet night. Had trouble doing much.

Tinordi was up and down. Huge hit.

Galchenyuk, no points, but he looked really really good. His line generating some good chances. People will look at the score and assume nothing happened.

That takes care of the young guys.

I know he's a vet, but coming on a new club, I want PAP to show a little more intensity to show us that the Habs made the right choice. Not a big deal, just how I feel.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I am not sure what line PAP will end up on but Pacioretty and DD need Gallagher's sandpaper.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
The result wasn't great but it was a really quick game which I like. The Caps had a hard time keeping up with us, we just need to be better organized.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
pGycZ2Z.png

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
LOVED tiner's hit and fight, he's going to be the true policemen on the blue line. Emelin-PK-Tiner have lots of bangs that will help us in the PO.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I am not sure what line PAP will end up on but Pacioretty and DD need Gallagher's sandpaper.

In general what line a player plays on should be determined by what players that player has chemistry with.

Having said that, baring great chemistry on one of the top two lines, I don't want PAP on them! Promote Sekac to the top 6 and give a young guy a chance to steal PAP's third line role and put him in the press box.

Roy knew what he was doing in getting rid of him. Roy's no dummy.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
This was a perfect game for Thomas to step up and make a case for himself.
He did he made a case for Hamilton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad