Grading the flames transactions & signings

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
FYI - Stempniak wasn't going to re-sign with us. He wanted to be out east, to be with his wife, her family, and their new baby.

She didn't want to be out west without her family. I read this a couple of times. When he played with Pitts, he mentioned how it was important to him. He said it again after he signed in NY

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
Brodie 5yrs @ AAV $4.65M: A
Russel 2yrs @ AAV $2.6M: B
Colborne 2yrs @ AAV 1.275M: B
Engelland 3yrs @ AAV $2.9M: D
Raymond 3yrs @ AAV $3.17M: D
Hiller 2yrs @ AAV $4.5M: B
Setoguchi 1yr @ $750K: F
Diaz 1yr @ $700K: D
Wolf 1yr @ $775K: B

3rd rounder for Bollig: C
2nd rounder for Berra: A
3rd round for Stempniak: B
Knight for Shore: B

I'm not really on board the Treliving bandwagon just yet. All his FA signings outside of Hiller were terrible. Brodie and Colborne extensions were good but pretty much no-brainers. I've no problem with the Bollig trade however and Shore is apparently considered an upgrade over Knight (never seen him play).

In all fairness, the team's competitive and the cupboards are stacked so it would be somewhat unfair to criticize Treliving for sitting on his hands. I do hope to see some shrewd moves closer to the deadline though (goalies, Glencross, 3rd pairing defencemen).

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I think people are still over reacting to the Bollig deal. A 3rd isn't really a big deal at all, hardly any of them turn into legit NHL players, it would have been a good pick if that player turned into as good a player as Bollig 5 years from now lol. There are plenty of times where those middle picks are great ie getting Brodie and Gaudreau in the fourth round but overall it really isn't a huge deal.

Bollig has done a tremendous job standing up for our guys in general, and he's a good guy, happy to have him on the team

Bollig payed for his contract with two pure protection fights he had this year. I'm sorry; but that's pretty much what I want from my forth liners. Not a complete disaster out there, protects his team, runs around mixing it up and is a shotgun out there with Bouma (hits anything that moves).

I know people complain about third rounders; like they're gold... but it's HF; picks + prospects >>>>>>>> NHL players. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad