Grade your team's performance this year.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Ok so the regular season is coming to a close and based on the 68 games they played this year, how would grade your team's performance?

For Saginaw I'd give them an A. Here's why: We had 33 wins last year with a guys like Shalla, Saad, Trocheck, etc. This year we had 32 wins in a very tough western confernce with one of the youngest teams in the league. The fact that their our win total did fall is a testament to the quality of the young guys we have coming back and to the fact that guys that were asked to step up, did. We lose only our 3 OA's. That's it. We also are going to have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds of the OHL draft. If Saginaw can use these to bring in a couple solid rookies as well as make a deal or two to get a solid D around Paterson, Saginaw should challenge for the division next year.

So what grade would you give you team?

Last edited:

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
Ok so the regular season is coming to a close and based on the 68 games they played this year, how would grade your team's performance?

For Saginaw I'd give them an A. Here's why: We had 33 wins last year with a guys like Shalla, Saad, Trocheck, etc. This year we had 32 wins in a very tough western confernce with one of the youngest teams in the league. The fact that their our win total did fall is a testament to the quality of the young guys we have coming back and to the fact that guys that were asked to step up, did. We lose only our 3 OA's. That's it. We also are going to have a top 25 import pick (to use or deal) and 4 picks in the first 2 rounds of the OHL draft. If Saginaw can use these to finally get a solid D around Paterson, Saginaw should challenge for the division next year.

So what grade would you give you team?

Guelph owns Saginaw's import selection.

I would give Guelph a B. The inconsistency is maddening. But when they are on, they have proven they can match up with the best in the OHL. Hopefully they put it together and make a run in the playoffs though. Next year will be very interesting.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Windsor gets an D-. The only reason they're not getting an F is because of all the injuries in the second half. They were essentially screwed by nature and it cost them the playoffs. That said, they had the team to win and didn't. One of those walking-the-line situations.

The offence gets a C; great one game, nowhere to be found the next, energetic, yet lazy as hell at times. Some definite bright spots, but some situations that made you go "do they really care?"

The defence gets a C-; again, great one game, but then three or four games off. No real physical play from them and poor coverage. Left the goaltenders high and dry most games. I'm not giving them a D simply because when you lose three top d-men, and trade away a fourth before you lost the three top d-men, you're SOL. Not their fault, but, at the same time, those who were there didn't do a great job many nights.

The goaltending gets a B; Pavelka was THE MVP in the first half. Without him, I don't even want to know. He stole games on his own. That said, he was inconsistent and could have been better at times. His head didn't seem in it some nights. DeKort has played very well for a rookie and I won't fault him for most nights. He has a lot to learn, though, and that's evident.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad