Post-Game Talk: Grade the Avs Draft

What would you grade the 2018 Avs Draft?

• Total voters

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
B

Drafting for upside in the mid-late rounds. Grabbed two goalies. First round pick certainly filling a need. Trading second round pick for Grubauer was a good move.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Not going to grade this draft since the only players I am remotely familiar with are Kaut and Annunen. I do like what they've been doing in the past two drafts, swinging for the gamble picks in the lower rounds. I'm actually totally okay with the Saigeon pick, I mean it's the 5th round that's the perfect time to grab an overager. He was also once pretty highly rated, so who knows, maybe he just took longer than others to put it together.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Going off the first two round alone I have to give this draft an A. I really like the Kaut pick and Grubauer trade.

I'm unfamiliar with the rest of the draft but based on what most are saying around here we went with lots of big upside projects, which is exactly what we should be doing in those rounds.

Last edited:

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I said C but I was only counting the draft, not the whole weekend. I feel like the draft will end up netting us a middle 6 winger and that’s it. But I suppose I wouldn’t be too unhappy with that result as we have a need there.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I said C but I was only counting the draft, not the whole weekend. I feel like the draft will end up netting us a middle 6 winger and that’s it. But I suppose I wouldn’t be too unhappy with that result as we have a need there.

Kaut wasn’t my first choice but he’s not far off from Jost as a prospect :dunno:

Even if we get nothing else from this trade Kaut should be more of a top 6er / 2nd liner, than a middle 6 tweener.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad