Staples Twitter: Grabovski May not be Cleared for Camp

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
Grabovski's playing status doesn't concern me. I hope his personal health is well, but any news of his not being able to play comes as no surprise.

What is somewhat ironic is his signing is symbolic of the team showing a clear change in direction and willingness to win. Just a few months later came the game changing trades that brought Boychuck and Leddy. Game changers we had not seen since Yashin and Peca, and Turgeon and Thomas before them.

I think Barzal makes this team, and we see Ho-Sang and Dal Colle finish the year with the Islanders, especially if Ryan Strome isn't signed or gets traded.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Grabovski's playing status doesn't concern me. I hope his personal health is well, but any news of his not being able to play comes as no surprise.

What is somewhat ironic is his signing is symbolic of the team showing a clear change in direction and willingness to win. Just a few months later came the game changing trades that brought Boychuck and Leddy. Game changers we had not seen since Yashin and Peca, and Turgeon and Thomas before them.

I think Barzal makes this team, and we see Ho-Sang and Dal Colle finish the year with the Islanders, especially if Ryan Strome isn't signed or gets traded.

If you're trading strome, what are you getting for him? I assume you'd want another player that can produce. So who do you propose Dal'colle and Ho sang are displacing from the roster.

Last edited:

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
For what reason? Coming into camp as a fat ass?

Could have sworn he put out a photo earlier this offseason where he was playing soccer and looked jacked (seriously) so unless he gave that up I don't think that's the issue. I don't know though, he has to be one concussion away from his career ending with a strong possibility of having issues the rest of his life. It's a really tough situation.

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
If you're reading strome, what are you getting for him? I assume you'd want another player that can produce. So who do you propose Dal'colle and Ho sang are displacing from the roster.

No, you are. If Strome doesn't sign, his value won't increase by sitting the year. Either way, if he doesn't sign soon, he won't be playing.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I said this last season, but I think his NHL career over.

Wow. Rough break for Grabs if true.

He has not been good bang for the buck, but I gotta feel badly if injuries force an early retirement.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
i am guessing at this point, that his effort is only to appease the bookkeepers. for him to qualify for LTIR, he has to at least show that he is making an effort.

if/when the Isles sign Strome, they will have 13 forwards on 1-way contracts. Grabo would be 14.

i think the writing is on the wall. he is done. especially with the intense focus lately on whether the NHL is doing enough to prevent concussions. they are hiring people to monitor each game and, if necessary, restrict players from playing, if they feel that they are at risk.

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
If this is the end its kind of hard for me to say he was a complete failure for us

He was not playing up to his 5M contract, but when he played I thought he played well for us. Honestly I would rather him be healthy. Real fans would want the same

I wish him the best whatever happens. Was a huge fan of his before he even came to the Islanders, but his reckless style caught up to him. You gotta keep your head up out there. Same thing with LaFontaine, Lindros, Savard. Concussions can be the devil...

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
If this is the end its kind of hard for me to say he was a complete failure for us

He was not playing up to his 5M contract, but when he played I thought he played well for us. Honestly I would rather him be healthy. Real fans would want the same

I wish him the best whatever happens. Was a huge fan of his before he even came to the Islanders, but his reckless style caught up to him. You gotta keep your head up out there. Same thing with LaFontaine, Lindros, Savard. Concussions can be the devil...

I said the same thing. We're a better team with a healthy grabovski.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I find it surprising that he won't be cleared for camp just by what Staple's observed. Maybe he's in the process of going through the protocol for doctors to clear him and part of that is observing him after a gym workout.

In that article seabass mentioned he said he felt ready to go. He may not even be allowed to be cleared by doctor's until camp actually opens. Isn't there a rule about working out with Isles staff before camp opens? I thought they were pretty strict with that stuff?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad