News Article: Grabo rips Carlyle

• Thread starter leafstilldeath*
  • Start date

leafstilldeath*

“[Carlyle] make me [expletive] play on the fourth line and he put me in the playoffs on the fourth line and third line again,†Grabovski told TSN 1050 reporter Jonas Siegel. “Yeah, I don’t score goals. I need to work on more about that. I know that. But if you feel support from your coach [you'll find success]. I don’t fee any support from this [expletive] idiot.â€

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/07/04/leafs-wipe-the-slate-clean-with-mikhail-grabovski-buyout/

I sympathize with Grabo. Wasn't a fan when Carlyle was hired. Wanted Eakins to be the coach. Nevertheless, since he was hired I backed him up. Then coach plays Bozak as 1C and Bozak doesn't do much with the minutes he was getting with Kessel and JVR.

Meanwhile, Grabo was the lamb that was sacrificed for not putting up points while playing 3rd line shut down role or centering the 4th line.

Grabo wasn't given a fair chance to earn his money. And to think that there is a chance that Bozak may be back makes me sick to my stomach. I just cannot believe it.

I will back Carlyle still since he is the coach but if do not make the playoffs next year I want both Nonnis and Carlyle FIRED!!!

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
You weren't producing or helping your linemates. The rare times he was on, Bozak and Kadri were just as good or better. Don't like seeing this side of Grabo since he's still a favourite of mine. Take it like a pro.

Last edited:

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
Yet another ex-Leaf that will score two points a game against them and do nothing against the rest of the league.

The Hockey Life

Feb 27, 2011
Leafs Nation
Realistically though, Carlyle puts Grabo in a defensive role and you expect him to produce well? I really think Carlyle did not like Grabo, and I sympathize with that because he is a good player who gives his all. Some remarks are too far but you can't blame him. I just hope it does not come back to bite us in the butt.

Apr 11, 2010
Toronto
I don't blame Grabo for responding like this. He was an scorer being forced into a defensive role because Carlyle didn't like him. I'm sure if, for example, your d***head boss would only give you the crappiest assignments all the time when you could clearly be doing better things, you'd want to flip him the finger too. It was a complete waste of talent and I side with Grabo on this one. I actually want to see him succeed on another team, just to prove that he's better than what he showed this season.

leafstilldeath*

Sick to your stomach? A bit of an overreaction don't you think?

Do you really want to see another year of Bozak as 1C ? I sure as hell do not want to see him as 1C. I am sick of him on the leafs. He has got to go

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Well it's not to say Carlyle hasn't been wrong about players before (see Lupul in Anaheim) I'm a huge Grabovski fan he was my favourite Leaf and I loved his exciting style of play. Guy was all heart and I hope he tears it up next year

Nonis is starting to irritate me. I wanna trust what he's doing but until I see what he does I won't judge

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
I don't mind this from Grabo, I was a pretty big fan. I blame Burke more than anything. He signed Grabo to this crappy deal. Hopefully Grabs doesn't sign within the division.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Siegel: Grabovski rips Carlyle upon exit from Maple Leafs

http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/blogs/jonas_siegel/?id=426967

Only hours after his five-year tenure in Toronto had come to an end, Mikhail Grabovski was still trying to sort out the emotions of what had just occurred.

"I'm [expletive] happy right now," he told TSN.ca exclusively early on Thursday evening, shortly after the Maple Leafs announced that they had exercised their second compliance buyout on the 29-year-old.

With the sting of the wound being realized, Grabovski changed tune considerably in a frustrating diatribe that took aim most poignantly at Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle.

"Of course I feel [expletive] sad," he continued in a lengthy conversation, minutes later, "I played [expletive] five years here. I'm supposed to feel upset about that. I loved it [here]. Toronto fans are one of the best fans in the world."

Grabovski finished a disappointing and altogether uninspired 2013 with poor numbers, compiling just nine goals and 16 points in 48 games, used almost exclusively in a checking role under Carlyle. While he performed with renewed fire and urgency in the playoffs, Grabovski ultimately finished goalless against the Bruins, adding just two assists in seven games.

Unwilling to rock the boat throughout the season, which saw the Leafs reach the playoffs for the first time since 2004, Grabovski kept silent, but held nothing back in his feelings toward Carlyle after ties with the organization were effectively cut.

"I play in the [expletive] Russian KHL, I make lots of [expletive] points and what's going to happen? He make me [expletive] play on the fourth line and he put me in the playoffs on the fourth line and third line again," Grabovski spewed. "Yeah, I don't score goals. I need to work more about that. I know that. But if you feel support from your coach [you'll find success]. I don't feel any support from this [expletive] idiot."

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Realistically though, Carlyle puts Grabo in a defensive role and you expect him to produce well? I really think Carlyle did not like Grabo, and I sympathize with that because he is a good player who gives his all. Some remarks are too far but you can't blame him. I just hope it does not come back to bite us in the butt.

He wasn't put into a defensive role, he was demoted because he scored in only 4 of his first 16 games, tallying 6 points total, finishing the year off with 2 points in his last 15 games.

The fact that Jay McClement outscored him tells you all you need to know.

bonjovi0308

Jan 26, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I never liked Grabo for his contract even when he played on 2nd line. I think his play has really tailed off...I was advocating burke to trade him (should did same on Mac) before his extension.

Leafblooded

Jul 27, 2012
T.
Good on grabo for not saying anything during the season. Hes a classy guy who is only speaking now because he wants to express his point of view after being unceremoniously dumped. He was defintely one of my favorite leafs who worked hard and could take a beating. He will score 30 again in a devils uniform, book the consecutive hat tricks against the leafs next season. Lets hope he signs in nashville or something

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Knowing Grabo and his fiery personality, who did not see this coming?

It's why I liked him so much as a Leaf and will probably continue to do so wherever he goes. Good for him to speak his mind.

GrabsOverHabs

Apr 7, 2013
I've mentioned this in another thread already, but the guy loved it here. He even has a Toronto Maple Leafs tattoo on his arm. He met his girlfriend in Toronto, he had his kids in Toronto, he brought his parents to Toronto and he gets married in Toronto today.

I can only imagine how hard to take that news is in consideration of the facts above, particularly his marriage to a girl from Toronto who may have assumed they'd be staying. I don't like the way he responded, but it's not hard to understand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad