Grabo - Cheer or Boo ?

veedubn1

Jun 7, 2010
Well.. it looks like he's about to sign with Washington and I'm looking forward to his first visit in Toronto.

I never buy tickets to watch the Leafs in Toronto. I travel to Buffalo and Ottawa once a season to watch them live to save a few bucks on tickets but this year I'll be buying tickets to go to the Caps @ Leafs game on Nov 23 to give Grabo a big cheer during his first shift. His passion and intensity are two things I'll miss about him and I always loved how Montreal fans HATED him. I'm not putting him on a pedestal and I don't think he should ever have his number retired, but I genuinely enjoyed watching him mature as a Leaf.

Based on Grabo's time as a Leaf would you cheer for him or boo him off the ice?

:yo:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
There's no real reason to boo him, but I'm not going to be cheering too loudly either. As good as he was, it does feel good to be putting some distance between now and most of the Ron Wilson/Jason Blake/Vesa Toskala/Niklas Hagman/Luke Schenn/Dominic Moore era.

Bruinguru

Jul 8, 2013
Saskatoon, SK
He was the one guy on the Leafs that I always liked... And it seemed to be must he gave it his all every shift... Not sure how he ended up in the doghouse so badly, but in my opinion the Leafs loss is the Caps gain...

Wish the B's would have had the $ to sign him...

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Was my favourite leaf player, should have never signed that contract. Extremely regrettable. Still don't know why we bought him out to overpay Clarkson and re-sign Bozak.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Not sure why anyone would boo him. We should be thankful for everything he did while he was here and wish him the very best regardless of how frustrated he was with how he was utilized by the coaching staff.

James Duthie

Kadri is 3 Hunna
May 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
One of my favourite players when he first started playing here, No reason to boo he loved the City and it wasn't his fault the Coach didn't like him and never spoke to him.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
The majority I just KNOW are going to boo.

The majority are stupid. No reason to hate him.

Are you not making the super early GDT this year? It's almost September. :(

I'm indifferent towards Grabo. Thanks for the hard work but that's about it.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Indifferent. He was my favourite leaf through the last few dreadful leaf seasons. I didn't like the way he left though. I'll still give him a solid clap if he's announced.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Not Grabovski's fault our previous GM handed out money like candy and it forced our new GM to buy him out to correct the salary cap mistake.

If Grabovski would have had a decent contract he would still be a Leaf today. He was a warrior and gave it his all.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Not Grabovski's fault our previous GM handed out money like candy and it forced our new GM to buy him out to correct the salary cap mistake.

If Grabovski would have had a decent contract he would still be a Leaf today. He was a warrior and gave it his all.

Never EVER give your 50 - 60 point players $5+ M. That stuff's reserved for your traditional 20 - 30 point guys.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
am sorry why would you boo him?

do you even have to ask that question?
if you do, you probably dont watch Leaf games
peace

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
boo, not because of anything he did here but because of how bad he'll burn us in the future.
Remember they way he played Montreal? That's us now.

So you want us to steep to their level? And no, they boo'd Grabovski because he had attitude problems and they were glad he was gone. Well not really, cause they tend to boo all their ex players. But that's just wrong

I pitty you if you boo grabovski. He did everything for us, and he put his heart out there everytime. I'd boo players like kessel over him that sometimes look like they don't even take the game seriously. (Yeah don't rage at me for saying kessel now, because it's just an example)

Remuskokafication

Jul 7, 2008
Scarborough
So you want us to steep to their level? And no, they boo'd Grabovski because he had attitude problems and they were glad he was gone. Well not really, cause they tend to boo all their ex players. But that's just wrong

I pitty you if you boo grabovski. He did everything for us, and he put his heart out there everytime. I'd boo players like kessel over him that sometimes look like they don't even take the game seriously. (Yeah don't rage at me for saying kessel now, because it's just an example)
You misread/I didn't properly explain what I meant. I mean he's going to treat us like he treated Montreal. I LOVED it when he was doing it to them, but I'm going hate it when he does it to us. He got kind of a raw deal last year, but fact is he's not leaf anymore. So I wish him nothing but misfortune (in his games against the leafs.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad