George Richards GR among the 46 laid off by The Athletic

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Terrible news. Hope he can still cover the Panthers in some capacity, I'd miss his reporting. Either way, wishing him well.

I'm sure a good writer like GR will pop up somewhere down the road. He's freelancing now! :cool:

A lot of casualties around from the pandemic. My physiotherapy had to cut one of their four businesses, and my massage place permanently shut down. Crappy timing for some. 12+ weeks of no income is hard to swallow.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I complained to The Athletic via Twitter and this is my response. Whereever GR goes, I'm going to buy a subscription and send an email saying it is for GR: I implore everyone else to do the same if they financially can :)

Hi XXX, We understand your frustration and appreciate your reaching out. The Athletic's newsroom of more than 400 of the best writers, editors and audio talent will continue to bring subscribers the best storytelling in sports across all leagues, clubs and teams. We would love to keep you as a subscriber and I have applied a 40% discount to your next renewal payment as a commitment to bringing you the best our writers have to offer. We are unable to offer refunds. You can find our full payment terms here: https://theathletic.com/payment-terms/. Instructions for how to cancel your subscription can be found here: https://theathletic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000389707-How-do-I-cancel-my-subscription-…

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I complained to The Athletic via Twitter and this is my response. Whereever GR goes, I'm going to buy a subscription and send an email saying it is for GR: I implore everyone else to do the same if they financially can :)

Thanks for the heads up. I just wrote the athletic myself this morning

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad