Post-Game Talk: Gorton & Hughes End of Season Media Avail 9:30Am EST

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
for sure...
but I think they'll do that anyway -
and ultimately take the F at 5.
I think HuGo comes away with two F's on draft day...
a newhook / Dach type trade and catton/lidstrom/iginla
And the rebuild will be complete,
And fully operational.
4754b5c767572c36b82dfc38566ff198

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
It's almost like everyone was watching a different presser from everyone else.
Well it depends what you are looking form. I'm personnally looking for information. Players coming and not coming back. What we will do with coaches. What happens with certain guys in Europe. UFA and RFA guys. Even if we don't always get clear, cut answers....you still can read.

To me the only great info from that presser was MSL extension. Same as far as the questions regarding assistants. Everything regarding what do you tihnk of the progression...come on...

Jul 6, 2016
His biggest problem was that he had no vision. Didn't commit to rebuilding or contending. Wanted his cake and to eat it too.
Molson wanted that and Bergevin followed the order. Molson was scared that fans would not accept a total rebuild. His new management convinced him that it was the way to go. The Covid Stanley Cup Finals was the tree which was hiding the forest. The career-ending injuries to Weber and Price destroyed the card castle. MB has done many good moves to get guys like Petry, Chiarot, Danault, Edmundson, Weber, Toffoli, Perry, Suzuki and few more. But the season after the Cup run, with his two stars gone, Danault gone, KK gone (uber bad third OA pick), he started panicking and tried to fill the breaches with guys like Hoffman, Dvorak, Dadonov. And Drouin just melted under the MTL pressure all along. Plus the mega huge contracts to Price and Gally. The signing of Alzner (Markov’s not signed) and the contract (too long and fat) to Anderson are also two negative moves. He has made other negative moves, I know. Massive injuries to key players did not help either.

Last edited:

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Molson wanted that and Bergevin followed the order. Molson was scared that fans would not accept a total rebuild. His new management convinced him that it was the way to go. The Covid Stanley Cup Finals was the tree which was hiding the forest. The career-ending injuries to Weber and Price destroyed the card castle.
There is no evidence to support this statement.

Reactions: Shutdown and the

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
I don't think there's been a draft yet that showed that management views things the way the fanbase on here does.

Personally, if they prefer the upside of a D to a forward, I'd rather they take a D. There is ALWAYS trade demand for young D, especially relative to forwards.
I don't know about that, we'll see how much Barron and Harris get traded for if they do leave in the offseason.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
I get that trying to make the playoffs next year is the right thing to say but no team is competing for shit with that many Bergevin garbage players still on the roster. Keep focusing on the spring cleaning and development, the rest can wait one more season.

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad