Gorges & Gionta

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You guys are harsh on Gio. I hated him on the Habs with all I could, but if he's the third best player on his 2nd/3rd line, you have a quality winger who'll get 40 ish points and be really really strong defensively. Obviously, I don't think you guys have that.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
We can always buy him out on that 3rd year I think?

I think it'll be inevitable by then anyways. Either way I was never a fan of giving the captaincy to Gionta, but that's hindsight. Only thing we can do is just look forward. I'm sure a new coach will be in here after 2 years since Nolan seems so "anti-youth no matter what", I'm sure the new coach will pick his captains, etc...

Who are the youth Nolan is anti?

I've heard Girgensons mentioned, but Nolan has increasingly been putting up his ice time and trusting him with the harder assignments.

Girgorenko was another mentioned, but I can sorta see why he may have been cut to do the 9 game taste for Reinhart (so maybe expect to see him sooner rather than later?), and there *are* pretty good arguments for Reinhart's limited opportunity (especially if it *was* actually always the intention to return him to junior). Not saying I favor these Girgorenko/Reinhart handling theories, just that they are plausible explanations. And if accurate of the behind-the-scenes motives/decisions, then neither player is an example of Nolan being simply anti-youth.

Have I missed any other names going to the theory Nolan is anti-youth? Just curious.

Bps21*

I would point to the complete and utter misuse of ristolainen in pairing, zone start and ice time...

Or throw out that usage chart for Reinhart when he was here compared to how other rookies are utilized...

But instead I'll just go with tyson Strachan exists...and zadorov has played 6 minutes all year.

If you'd prefer is a terrible coach for young players to have in their development instead of anti-youth...that's fine.

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
I would point to the complete and utter misuse of ristolainen in pairing, zone start and ice time...

Or throw out that usage chart for Reinhart when he was here compared to how other rookies are utilized...

But instead I'll just go with tyson Strachan exists...and zadorov has played 6 minutes all year.
If you'd prefer is a terrible coach for young players to have in their development instead of anti-youth...that's fine.

Strachan is 30 years old. I think that fact doesn't help your "anti-youth" argument.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad