Gordie Howe Suffers Stroke

f1seb

Apr 7, 2007
That's a shame. Hopefully he can recover but that age everything is uncertain.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
It's sad. My mom has been following the news and from what she gathers his sons have flown out to Texas where he has been discharged to his daughters house.

He always was a class act at events I got his autograph once and he voluntered at an event my Dad was a part of and my Dad said he stayed long after he was scheduled to make sure all the kids got to meet him and get an autogrpah.

Wish him the best. Not sure I beleive in an afterlife but if there is and this turns for the worse he will be with his wife again who I now he misses immensely

Phil18

Jul 13, 2013
Montréal
Mathieu Dandenault who is now a sports analyst on TVA Sport said that at is rookie debut gordie howe came in the room and wish good luck then spit on the blade of his stick since he was a kid class act

Get Well Mr. Hockey

PuckDynasty

May 3, 2014
According to news reports, he began suffering a series of mini strokes this summer, which the doctors said would be progressively worse.

What strikes me about this situation is that no one is talking about Gordie Howe, the hockey player, but Gordie Howe, the person. It seems everyone has a story about what a nice guy he is and his hockey playing skills seem almost secondary. This is exactly what I was talking about in the number retirement threads. It's about more than just being a great hockey player on the ice.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
You guys may have seen this commercial before but I hadn't. They just showed it on Olbermann.

It basically copies a famous scene in Slapshot. Very funny though IMO.

Howe and Olbermann commercial

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Get well Gordie. Obviously a hockey legend, but from what I've seen from the TV screen he seems like a great guy, really cares for the Wings still.

squarelaces

Aug 6, 2005
I met him once. We talked for about 15 minutes. He made me feel like he thought of me as a friend. Get well Gordie.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
@AnsarKhanMLive
Wings released update on Gordie Howe from family saying he has been recovering at remarkable rate and is walking with help of a walker.

MasqueOfTheRedDeath*

My father and I met him in the early 90's and he was such a kind man. I just told him that Gordie will probably live another 20 years and be fine as he is as tough as they come. All the best to him and his family.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Not great news, it seems he has suffered another stroke and that his condition is deteriorating.

Mark Howe said Sunday his father's most recent stroke occurred about a week ago in Lubbock, where the 86-year-old former Detroit Red Wings star is staying with his daughter. He was at her home last month when an initial stroke caused some impairment.

Gordie Howe's family says the hockey Hall of Famer "has taken a turn for the worse" after suffering another stroke recently.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/11887235/family-says-hall-famer-gordie-howe-taken-turn-worse

TravisF

Jul 11, 2011
www.artbreak.com
It's very sad. Gordie is the best hockey player ever to me. My Dad is and both my grandfathers were Red Wing fans only because of Gordie. I pray he can recover.

thunderchief1994

Mar 13, 2011
Hi guys, MOD
We are all feeling your pain with Gordie, he may have been your guy but we also love the guy, his character and his honesty. Hoping for the best, we're pulling for him, good luck Gordie.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I just pray that Gordie can be kept comfortable in what remains of a truly marvelous life. Brought so much pleasure to so many. Godspeed Mr Hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad