Pre-Game Talk: Goose egg revenge - Edm v StL - Wed @ 6 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Shut down and shut out by the Blues last game, the Oilers will need to play a full 60 with far more desire, passion and drive in order to score at least 1 goal.

Perhaps the first roadie of the year will get them going early and scoring often. Blues have an excellent defensive team but as we showed vs the Penguins, we had a lot more to give too.

Systems wise the long pass and chip did not work in periods 1 & 2 vs the Blues last week. Woody needs to break down the StL D with speed and the players need to execute the breakout much better.

I think we have a successful roadie here getting all 6 points of a possible 6.

Forever the optimist.

Last edited:

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
1666120211661746.jpg

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Missed the last game against the Blues but I read the team played like garbage which had been a theme throughout most of the games early on excluding the last 2 periods against the Pens. Going to need to continue that effort if the team wants to do even more damage in this year's playoffs (assuming they make it of course. nothing is certain except death. #debbiedowner lol).

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
It'd be awfully nice to win two in a row for once. Let's see if the 2nd period shows up for 3 periods.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Hi, my name is the Calgary Flames. And tonight I'll be playing against the team you played last night.
Yep, and typically with a back up goalie to boot. it does seem amiss.

Oh well, this team can make its own success. They can be very good if they want to. I hope they face Binnington and chase him early. Dude is Sideshow Bob.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

MinisterOfSinister

Aug 31, 2008
Moved from sunny southern Alberta to St Louis here this summer. The wife pulled a solid and got early bday tickets to this game.
My Draisaitl sweater didn't show up in time but it's fine, I'll be rocking my lucky Syracuse Bulldogs Ogilthorpe jersey.
Hoping for a solid effort tonight, the Blues are built well to deal with us and they always give us fits.
Just win baby. Or my wife will never let it go.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Hope this game isn't as boring as the last one against them. McDavid needs to break out against the Blues with a big game. Excited to see what this team can do on the road.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
If we come in shooting the puck and playing in the middle of the ice like we did against the Penguins we will win.

I'm not really convinced that the Blues "shut down" the Oilers last Saturday, to me it had much more to do with the overall team unwillingness to shoot the puck or play to the middle with speed. Blues defended well, but we couldn't have possibly made it any easier on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad