OT: Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #121 - USMNT, MLS, EPL, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
There was no WC controversy, really. LD's presence doesn't make that team any better than having a chance to beat Belgium like they did.

If anything, it got the USMNT ready for life without him and hopefully shows in the Gold Cup next year. Win that and its gonna be a fun ride through 2018.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Speaking of Gold Cup, not that they are a threat to us but El Salvador got absolutely humiliated by Colombia last night at RBA

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
When they don't betray your trust and take money to fix matches, yes. When they do... it all comes down to whether or not they share.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Way to take it to a toronto team that had everything to play for. We look amazing at home. I wanna say the team is peaking at the right time but their road woes still scare me

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Get into the 2-3 game in the playoffs and the team has a shot. They'll need that rest and the perk of having a week of time to prep for their opponent (as opposed to 48 hours like last year) and they should be ok. That last week might be rough with Columbus, meaningless CCL match, and KC in 7 days. That week before the first match of the playoffs would be huge.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
None of the eastern buildings scare me. RFK isn't a home field advantage, we've gotten 4 points in our last 2 visits to KC and we won at Gillette this year. If we were to fall to the 5 seed Columbus isnt a tough building to win in either

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
^that makes me feel better

I also don't think that any team in the East can beat us at RBA when we are at full strength.

I pray that we enter the playoffs healthy and can field this lineup:

Robles
Duvall/Eck-Olave-Sekagya-Miller
Dax-Alexander
Sam-Henry-Oyongo
BWP

Cahill and Peggy as offensive options off the bench.

That is just too nice

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
None of the eastern buildings scare me. RFK isn't a home field advantage, we've gotten 4 points in our last 2 visits to KC and we won at Gillette this year. If we were to fall to the 5 seed Columbus isnt a tough building to win in either

I don't even mean it from the stand point of where they'd have to go. Purely by the number of games/days. They just need to find the small pockets to get rest and stabilize into a normal schedule. They'd get to that point by leg 2 of the 2nd round regardless (were they in the 4/5 game and advance). But you'd rather be on that weekly schedule right from the get go and to have the week to prep for your playoff matches. Any team can come out of this conference if they get hot. Just need to be the 3 seed (or above) and they have as good of a shot as anyone.

^that makes me feel better

I also don't think that any team in the East can beat us at RBA when we are at full strength.

I pray that we enter the playoffs healthy and can field this lineup:

Robles
Duvall/Eck-Olave-Sekagya-Miller
Dax-Alexander
Sam-Henry-Oyongo
BWP

Cahill and Peggy as offensive options off the bench.

That is just too nice

No reason (as of now) that they couldn't do that. But I wouldn't count on Duvall being a legitimate option there right now. He played well, but he's a rookie. He got burned a few times, now they can pull him back a bit, let him watch, learn, re-group, and come back better in the future. They're doing the same as they did with Miazga this year and NOT pushing him too hard. And with Eckersley playing more than well enough, I don't see the need to push it.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Iceland is sneaky good. With a bit more luck they could have went to Brazil this summer. Definitely my hipster team to follow with Gylfi and my boy Victor Palsson

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Crazy what happened between Serbia and Albania yesterday. I read that it was the Albanian Prime Minister's brother flying the drone that had the flag. I'm doing a lot of reading this morning and learning that everyone apparently hates Albanians.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Crazy what happened between Serbia and Albania yesterday. I read that it was the Albanian Prime Minister's brother flying the drone that had the flag. I'm doing a lot of reading this morning and learning that everyone apparently hates Albanians.

sbresistor

Jul 25, 2007
I tell you what, whoever is responsible for flying that flag over the game should get a serious ass whipping

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Speaking of Gold Cup, not that they are a threat to us but El Salvador got absolutely humiliated by Colombia last night at RBA

Ecuador beat El Salvador 5-1 last night. RSL strike Plata scored 2 in the first half. Canada held Colombia to 1-0 and the goal shouldn't have counted. Ref blew his whistle for a foul but they never stopped the ball to reset. Still a great goal from James though. By far the most talented player to come through RBA in my 3 years.*

*not counting Brazil and Argentina training sessions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad