Goodbye Whale, welcome back Wolf Pack?

BlueAero

Apr 19, 2013
Houston, TX
Just be thankful y'all have a team at all. Personally, I don't understand why they don't call them the Hartford Whalers unless the owner of the Hurricanes or someone else has the trademark registration for that name. I miss the old Whalers.....:(

NSHPreds1835

Glads/Preds
May 24, 2011
Monroe GA
Just be thankful y'all have a team at all. Personally, I don't understand why they don't call them the Hartford Whalers unless the owner of the Hurricanes or someone else has the trademark registration for that name. I miss the old Whalers.....:(

The Hartford Whalers name is NHL property I believe. Just like if Atlanta was ever in the AHL that team couldn't be named the Atlanta Thrashers.

hartfordyourmyhome

Aug 17, 2013
WOLF PACK OFFICIALLY BACK!!! :handclap::handclap::handclap::yo::yo::yo:

Global Spectrum today announced the 2013-14 AHL season schedule for the Wolf Pack.

The Wolf Pack’s 17th season of AHL play begins at the XL Center with the home opener Saturday, October 5 against the Norfolk Admirals. That game, and all non-Sunday Wolf Pack home games, will face off at 7:00 PM.

The home opener is the first of 13 Saturday night home dates for the Wolf Pack in 2013-14. The home schedule also includes 16 Friday nights, three Sundays, five Wednesdays, one of which is the night before Thanksgiving, November 27, and one Tuesday. Two of the three Sunday home games will start at 3:00, and the Sunday, April 6 matchup vs. Norfolk will face off at 5:00.

The Wolf Pack’s most familiar opponents.in the upcoming campaign will be their Connecticut rivals the Bridgeport Sound Tigers and their neighbors from across the Massachusetts border, the Springfield Falcons. Hartford will see both of those teams 12 times, six home and six away. The balance of the Wolf Pack’s Northeast Division slate includes ten games (five home, five away) vs. the Adirondack Phantoms and eight meetings (four home, four away) with the Albany Devils.

The Wolf Pack will tangle with New England adversaries the Portland Pirates, Providence Bruins and Manchester Monarchs six times (three home, three away) each and will see the Worcester Sharks four times (two home, two away). There will also be four meetings with the Admirals and St. John’s IceCaps, and the Wolf Pack will play two games each (one home, one road) against East Division opponents the Hershey Bears and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins.

Reactions: HWP1997

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad