GDT: Good team plays Not-So-Good team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Christians vs Lions. Gore ensues.

Game should come with disturbing scenes warning. Like anytime Klefbom or Benning are on the ice.

Even if the Oilers are winning at some point they won't be in the 3rd.

This is one of the PVR and watch at your own peril games.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
This could turn ugly, but I have a feeling that this team plays better against good teams. I expect it to be competitive. Oilers win 5-3.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
And if my aunt had nuts she'd be my uncle.
He still lost. Sorry, not good enough. Goalies have to steal games.

At least he knows the score.

How many starts has Montoya had?

He already stole a game in relief. He's played in 4 games and has a 1.98GAA and a 0.921 SV%

Talbot has played 39 games and hasn't stolen a single one. He has one shutout which came on opening night where the Flames didn't even have a scoring chance all game.

Yet you blame Montoya for where the team is and for him not stealing enough games. Smells almost as bad as how Puljujarvi, Lucic and Khaira are the only skaters you're willing to blame. You're seriously pathetic to be blaming Montoya.

Reactions: LucicDestroyedHaley

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
5-0 Oilers.

Kucherov phones his mom to cry after the game.

Whats funny is watching Kucherov during the all star game and skills comp, he sure seemed like a poor sport when frustrated haha

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

He already stole a game in relief. He's played in 4 games and has a 1.98GAA and a 0.921 SV%

Talbot has played 39 games and hasn't stolen a single one. He has one shutout which came on opening night where the Flames didn't even have a scoring chance all game.

Yet you blame Montoya for where the team is and for him not stealing enough games. Smells almost as bad as how Puljujarvi, Lucic and Khaira are the only skaters you're willing to blame. You're seriously pathetic to be blaming Montoya.
Lol got enough strawmen there? Clearly it's JP's fault that the team is terrible this year.

Talbot lets in 4 goals he's trash. Montoya lets in 4 goals it's okay. I'm just holding him to the same standard that you and all the other Talbot bashers have. What's wrong with that?

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Lol got enough strawmen there? Clearly it's JP's fault that the team is terrible this year.

Talbot lets in 4 goals he's trash. Montoya lets in 4 goals it's okay. I'm just holding him to the same standard that you and all the other Talbot bashers have. What's wrong with that?

Montoya has stolen more games for this team this season that Talbot has. So clearly you're a liar.

Not a Talbot basher. I just don't think that him having a 3.14 GAA and .901sv% is good enough. Yet you choose to place blame on the goalie who's been infinitely better in only 4 games.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Montoya has stolen more games for this team this season that Talbot has. So clearly you're a liar.

Not a Talbot basher. I just don't think that him having a 3.14 GAA and .901sv% is good enough. Yet you choose to place blame on the goalie who's been infinitely better in only 4 games.

You realize that this is part of the reason why, right?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

He has won a single game for the Oilers, against the very terrible Coyotes. If you don't think Talbot hasn't stolen at least one game then I don't know what to tell you. Long Island and Vegas to name a couple.

I'm simply holding Montoya to the same standard that people hold Talbot. You can say that if Talbot was playing he would've let in 8, but he didn't play that game and ergo did not let in eight goals. His backup, which you are lauding, did not steal us that game, didn't win it and probably could've stopped 1 or 2 of those goals.

It's hilarious how I'm apparently not allowed to blame the GM for the team's failings this season (which he fully deserves) and yet if I critique any players I'm not allowed to do that either. So maybe I should just blame the season on Eberle or something?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Its craptastic to look at Montoya's GAA or SV% with the Oilers as indicative of his play. Most of those minutes he's come in to close out games that are already over and in which opponents are coasting in to victory and not even looking to score. The one start he got, against a pretty lukewarm club without MacKinnon (AV's have not won one other game without him afairc) he lets in 4 goals on what, 25 shots.

ps 56 of his minutes (shutout) were against Arizona.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad