Good place to watch away games in Toronto?

Aenema

Sep 13, 2012
Hey there! Leaf fan from Cape a retro coming to T Dizzle for a couple weeks and is looking for a authentic game experience without actually going to the game (can't mark it to any of the home dates). Do they show the game outside the acc on that big screen? If not would real sports be a decent alternative?

Please help!

Cheers

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Hey there! Leaf fan from Cape a retro coming to T Dizzle for a couple weeks and is looking for a authentic game experience without actually going to the game (can't mark it to any of the home dates). Do they show the game outside the acc on that big screen? If not would real sports be a decent alternative?

Please help!

Cheers

Good luck getting a spot at Real Sports, unless you're going alone..If you're going with some friends/family its would wise to call and try and book a table, that place is packed all the time. I would recommend the Jack Astors on Front Street or Loose Moose.

ThePacific

Sep 17, 2013
Good luck getting a spot at Real Sports, unless you're going alone..If you're going with some friends/family its would wise to call and try and book a table, that place is packed all the time. I would recommend the Jack Astors on Front Street or Loose Moose.

You can reserve a seat at Real Sports Bar, I went last year and watched a leafs game there.

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
I watch a lot of games at Hurricanes on Bloor West. The place is a dive, with ****** food. But the beer is good, plenty of TVs, and the people there are diehard Leaf fans. A really fun atmosphere.

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
I watch a lot of games at Hurricanes on Bloor West. The place is a dive, with ****** food. But the beer is good, plenty of TVs, and the people there are diehard Leaf fans. A really fun atmosphere.

this place has excellent karaoke on wednesdays as well

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

Dives are awesome when you just want to get plastered and have a good time. Get hammered eat some **** food and enjoy the game lol

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto

lol... i live two minutes away from that place.

that place is alright... it just attracts a lot of alcoholic older men.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Real Sports is definately the place to go. But make reservations in advance and ask them to put in a request to sit in the main area in front of big screen. They can never guarantee it, but they'll try if you ask. They've always sat me there when I requesed and showed up early and asked for a seat in the main area. One time they moved us there after the first period.

But I just called them on Wednesday and reserved a spot for 4 for tonight... but i canceled the reservation and i'm just having friends over instead.

So it's not that hard to get a spot. I think it's tough for the Saturday games espeically... but if you call enough in advance, you shouldn't have problems.

I love the Thai Sweet Chili wings there... best wings i've ever had!

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I watched a playoff game at jack astor's on front st. and it was a lot of fun. not sure if it's the same type of atmosphere for a regular season game or not... but it was awesome during playoff time.

wulfio*

i would just find the dungiest sports bar you can. Real Sports is for people who want to say they were at Real Sports, if you catch my drift. Over priced, over crowded.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
i would just find the dungiest sports bar you can. Real Sports is for people who want to say they were at Real Sports, if you catch my drift. Over priced, over crowded.

not true.

the experience at real sports is way better than any other bar. the screen is like the size of a movie screen... there's a good sound system. they even play music during commericals and stuff like that.

if you have a table, you have lots of space... so I don't find that the fact that it's busy a problem.

the prices really aren't any more expensive than any other decent bar downtown. If you order the double sized beers, it's cheaper. I normally get the double sized OK Spring 1516 for like $12.50. And yea... wings are about $15 a pound as opposed to $10 - $12 at other places... but they're my favourite wings by far. So the food is a few bucks more expensive than other bars... but it's a lot higher quality for the most part too.

but if you go to a place like jack astors or boston pizza... the bill will probably be pretty close to the same price as real sports. real sports might be a few bucks more, but not a whole lot more, and you get a lot more for your money IMO.

i don't get why some people would rather spend $35 or $40 and watch the game at some dive bar, with bad food, bad beer, bad service, etc.... when they could spend $50 and go to real sports where everything's awesome.

i think it just has a reputation for being expensive and exclusive (hard to get a seat)... and that might have been the case when it first opened... but if you make a reservation, you can get a spot... and it's really not all that expensive compared to other places. definately way cheaper than inside the ACC, that's for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad