Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
how Jon Hamm looks in the series

EP_6_Day_47_0582_RT_Final.1.jpg

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Big fan of the book. Hope they capture the tone/spirit. The cast seems well suited for it.

I'll always wonder what a Terry Gilliam-Robin Williams-Johnny Depp movie would have been like, but I honestly think a series is the right approach.

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
Finally! Been waiting years for this. Apparently Terry Pratchett sent a posthumous letter to Gaiman telling him to get it made. There’d been numerous false starts over the years as both would worry about the quality for one reason or another.

Although I hadn’t heard of him when I first read it, I couldn't picture anyone other than Tennent to play Crowley. Sheen will be great as Aziraphale.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
20000 Christians have signed a petition to have NETFLIX cancel the series

one problem

can ya guess what that problem is?

I would love to have been in the office when Netflix opened that letter with that threat

for those who do not know--Good Omens on on Amazon Prime not netflix

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
20000 Christians have signed a petition to have NETFLIX cancel the series

one problem

can ya guess what that problem is?

I would love to have been in the office when Netflix opened that letter with that threat

for those who do not know--Good Omens on on Amazon Prime not netflix

Hah. I hope that their PR department had fun answering that petition:

"Thank you for expressing your concerns to us. After much deliberation, we've agreed to not stream Good Omens on Netflix".

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Absolutely hilarious.

About the series... I thought they did a fantastic job with the set up and not so great with the payoff.

Puck

Ninja
Jun 10, 2003
Ottawa

Bizarre. But perhaps Netflix is happy, everyone thinks they’re THE company for tv series. (more positives than negatives)

I thought episode 1 started slow, I was a tad disappointed at first, but it picked up. I had been waiting for this for 6 months, maybe expectations were too high. But it gets better. Liked it a lot. Looks like a sequel is coming. Hope so.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Prime has cancelled the series

depending on the source--sounds like one or two people may have cancelled their amazon account due to the show

I think it got cancelled cause the key people involved moved onto other things

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Prime has cancelled the series

depending on the source--sounds like one or two people may have cancelled their amazon account due to the show

I think it got cancelled cause the key people involved moved onto other things

I wonder how much appetite Gaiman really had to continue a finished story.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I really enjoyed it but I don't need a season 2, it was a complete story. If it was cancelled due to pearl clutching from a bunch of people who probably didn't even watch it (they didn't even know what platform it was on) then that's disappointing though.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
I agree that a season 2 is not needed but they certainly have gone into far more detail in the first. As I watched there just seemed to be things should have been included and clarified but weren't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad