Post-Game Talk: Good enough!

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
We lost game 7 after blowing out Anaheim at home in game 6. Don't forget that. Hope mcdavid remembers.
If he can break out and be McDavid-eque, that would be great. We all know when he's going he's basically unstoppable. He needs to take the bull by the horns in game 7 and just attack, just like we all remember him against LA a few years ago when he would not be denied. Remember that goal when he had 3 chances and scored because he was so relentless? Would love to see that in game 7.

Ultimately it boils down to Skinner. If he's leaky Skinner like we all know he is way too often, Vancouver wins. If he's solid enough, EDM has enough offense to pull through.

listen to this interview, he sounds sick as a dog

And yet he finished the game. Unlike softy invisible Matthews. lol. The question is, why even allow him to do a post game interview if he's that sick? Should have let someone else take his spot.

Reactions: dsi and Cournoyer12

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Once, on the US feed it said it was 84mph. Looked off his shots lots again. The US media are making mention of it and saying that it's likely an injury, are they saying any of this on the Canadian feeds?
Also telling to me is he's like 40% in faceoffs these playoffs. He hasn't been below 50% in 6 years.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Anybody else see that steak on the ice and immediately think it’s @5 Mins 4 Ftg and that he smuggled it into the building in his underwear?
1716115472584.png

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Tough to rant about much after a 5-1 win in a must-win game but holy shit how does the bottom six continue to go out and barely even get any shots?

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Skinners gonna need to steal one for us in enemy territory.
I said this in the GDT. I have no faith in him anymore, but when he plays I will still cheer heartily for him to succeed.

I just find that he’s incredibly inconsistent, is prone to brain farts that result in pucks going in, deflating his team mates. At one point yesterday I thought he was tracking the puck well early and said so, and then later there was that play where the puck is already exiting the zone and he’s still looking for it it in the crease and corner. Like WTF? Very non-NHL like.

I’d love to play 3 card monte with him. Easy money.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
First game where the defence held and more importantly didn't show any bend.
All 3 pairings kept things in control and didn't let guys in behind them. Haven't seen that since the games in LA.

Carrick was a welcome addition to the 4th line.

Ryan also fits better than Perry with what Foegele and McLeod are trying to do (Get the puck, just get it deep, and then force the other team to go 200ft. with the two of them pestering the entire way). The fact this move wasn't made earlier should be maligned.

Though I'd argue that Perry would have also looked far more effective had he played with a combo of Janmark and Brown vs. McLeod and McLovin, but that's Carrick's advantage of being a centre.

Reactions: Oilhawks and Ibanez

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
I said this in the GDT. I have no faith in him anymore, but when he plays I will still cheer heartily for him to succeed.

I just find that he’s incredibly inconsistent, is prone to brain farts that result in pucks going in, deflating his team mates. At one point yesterday I thought he was tracking the puck well early and said so, and then later there was that play where the puck is already exiting the zone and he’s still looking for it it in the crease and corner. Like WTF? Very non-NHL like.

I’d love to play 3 card monte with him. Easy money.

It is clear next year we need another goalie who can play 35 to 40 games a year. Vancouver now has a 3 headed monster. DeSmith is a UFA this off season

Reactions: brentashton

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
It is clear next year we need another goalie who can play 35 to 40 games a year. Vancouver now has a 3 headed monster. DeSmith is a UFA this off season
I agree. I don’t think you can have Skinner starting 55 games. That’s too much work for him and it exposes him in games way too much, leaving the org susceptible to losses that should be wins. Anyway, he’ll be in the net tomorrow, so I hope he can be a .900 goalie again, especially when the shot count rises to be more like a typical NHL game. Only saw 15 shots yesterday.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Is it only me that sees Prince everytime I see Garland? Small petite man with a turtlene k and same goatee.
I don't like ragging on a guy for being small but Garland looks so weird.

It's like someone popped a 6'4 man's head on a 5'4 body. I think that kind of adds to the inferiority complex he exudes.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Tough to rant about much after a 5-1 win in a must-win game but holy shit how does the bottom six continue to go out and barely even get any shots?
I mean sure, did you think they played poorly?

That is one player on yvr that I respect the hell out of. Guy is a warrior.
Miller is a rat and a tool, you don't need respect that guy, it's like respecting Ryan Kesler

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
If he can break out and be McDavid-eque, that would be great. We all know when he's going he's basically unstoppable. He needs to take the bull by the horns in game 7 and just attack, just like we all remember him against LA a few years ago when he would not be denied. Remember that goal when he had 3 chances and scored because he was so relentless? Would love to see that in game 7.

Ultimately it boils down to Skinner. If he's leaky Skinner like we all know he is way too often, Vancouver wins. If he's solid enough, EDM has enough offense to pull through.

And yet he finished the game. Unlike softy invisible Matthews. lol. The question is, why even allow him to do a post game interview if he's that sick? Should have let someone else take his spot.
Maybe he could pass on his bug to the media and weed the stupid ones out.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Tbh I would have liked the Oil to put a few nucks in the boards toward end of game and equal some scores. We had an opportunity to do that but probably the thinking is they don't want anybody tossed or hurt. Too bad we don't have a goon that we could just sacrifice for the good of making Zadorov pay. Not sure what Kane told him in their melee but Zads was pretty damn quiet after that.
I made a comment like this with about 3:30 left. I said it was a good time to do some head hunting. Not the suspension worthy stuff but the hard hits that linger into the next game. Canucks looked dialed out at that point and the opportunities were there. The Oilers did get some of those types of shots in but then there was a big scrum with 2:00 to go that took a while to sort out and after that there wasn’t any emotion left in the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad