Post-Game Talk: Gonna Stu on this loss for a while

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Problem is if they start Stuart for game 5 and he blows it, that's the end of his career in Edmonton.

Fans will not let him play another game.
I won't already. His unrealistic assessment of his own play is a major red flag.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Holland has lost the room. As in he can't find it literaly.
IMG_4779.gif

reminded me of this

Skinner's save percentage in the second round is .796

How is that even possible ?
Don’t worry it could get worse.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
He's clearly banked on just being big and letting the puck hit him. Problem is he never challenges a shooter and more often than not, when puck goes in, he's completely on his knees, halfway in the net.

It’s like Gigeure but without the talent lol

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Also, gotta agree that this orgs love affair with "nice guy, good in the room" needs to go. I don't care if you're the nicest guy on the planet, play the best available.

Meanwhile, if McCrimmon gets even a sniff that a guy is faltering, he's wheeling and dealing and conveniently being unaware of trade protection to keep his team competing, and now VGK has a Cup in their first seven seasons.
Its not just the team. Watch Skinners press availability today. The first thing he does is apologize for not being available for you guys yesterday. Soon as he says that the press here melt and swoon and it doesn't matter what has occurred because Skinner has charmed them again. they like him so much because he does this buddy stuff with them. He's not sharp with the press like Leon or Kostin was. He's not giving the press the gears. Skinner is that guy who will say a lot of things he think you want to hear. The trouble is its gobbledegook. yet when the press are later talking to KK they are actually selling Skinners "bounce back" numbers as if their role is to support him to the coach. They even want him to start the next game. The press do.

The press are handing Stu softballs and when he says "I've played many playoff games well and beaten a lot of good goalies" Its absolute fiction. One wonders if Skinner actually believes this because in playoffs he's the worst goalie on the ice almost every time. Plus when he says he's beaten a lot of good goalies its not only false, he's talking about as if its him doing it rather than the team. Nobody calls out the falsehoods, its just laugh along with Skinner program for near 7mins and the press having a good time with him. Its not critical at all, even as the press are highly critical of the club, or other players on the club.

The org and press here like yes people. Its always been this way. They would have the knives out for Glenn Anderson always. Because he didn't like the press and he saw through their shit. its a buddy network, and I agree it needs to stop. It should only be about meritocracy but obviously getting 20 playoff starts in a row Skinner is legendary about talking yet more starts and the media even work on that behalf. its kind of sickening. The same press send useful guys like Drai down the river any time they can.

He's clearly banked on just being big and letting the puck hit him. Problem is he never challenges a shooter and more often than not, when puck goes in, he's completely on his knees, halfway in the net.
Pay attention to reaction time as well. As the puck is flying by he's immobile. If he doesn't antipate he isn't quick enough. He's moving his arm when the goal light is flashing. On a couple plays last night comical how slow his reaction was.

When Skinner isn't on he isn't anticipating plays, he isn't zeroing in on the shot. The nucks are also compounding this by using pump fakes to freeze skinner on shots and passes.

Last edited:

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
This is 100% his goalie coach..🤔

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
He’ll have to wrestle Messier for the Frito Lay sponsorship.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Suspensions

You don't recall how Nurse found this out the hard way
Yeah that's the funny part. Media filling their undees because we didn't respond.

I'm sure the league would love nothing more than to offset the soucy suspension with some bullshit instigator like they did with Vegas.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I feel worse because the team, its staff, its coaches have made the same mistake two years running now and that is starting Skinner in playoffs everytime. Every game. For shame.
For the life of me, I can't figure out why. Schwartz is always mentioned in the decision making- how anyone trusts anything this guy says on goaltending should be discarded immediately

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Kane hasnt been good this playoffs. He played good one game. What has he done since? I gave him credit for that one game, replying to a post you made mentioning me- I said he played well. No- the kings weren’t chasing him around. That was one game. He has been shit this playoffs outside that game.

I said Nurse and Ceci needed to be gone after Colorado. I said Foegele isn’t a playoff player before the playoffs started. You’re awfully defensive being called out but had no issue mentioning me when Kane had a good game. Difference is I had the balls to say he played great. You can’t seem to do so. You’re alone on the Kane island right now- just because you can’t say you were wrong.

I think Kane was good the entirety of the first round, was horrendous in Game 1, but has shown ok (but just ok) on L3.

I don't think it's a coincidence that his impact dropped as soon as we started shuffling him around again. It's seemed to be the whole season that he'll get a little momentum in a lineup position, then Knoblauch will shuffle him out of it for reasons. Just put him on RW with Leon and RNH where he had success in R1 and keep him there. We need to get him more ice with quality line mates for him to have an impact, judging him based on his play on a patchwork line with limp wrist McLeod and a useless Perry isn't fair IMO.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Kane hasnt been good this playoffs. He played good one game. What has he done since? I gave him credit for that one game, replying to a post you made mentioning me- I said he played well. No- the kings weren’t chasing him around. That was one game. He has been shit this playoffs outside that game.

I said Nurse and Ceci needed to be gone after Colorado. I said Foegele isn’t a playoff player before the playoffs started. You’re awfully defensive being called out but had no issue mentioning me when Kane had a good game. Difference is I had the balls to say he played great. You can’t seem to do so. You’re alone on the Kane island right now- just because you can’t say you were wrong.
Rubbish. He hasn't scored as much as anyone would like, but for the most part, his game has been physical and solid. In fact one of the few on the bottom 9 you can actually say that about. Funny how you never mention his fighting through a sports hernia, which has plagued him for some time and likely will require surgery in the off season. But, keep going. Hopefully he'll completely bomb out so you can prattle on about how your were so "right."

Reactions: Gordy Elbows

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Rubbish. He hasn't scored as much as anyone would like, but for the most part, his game has been physical and solid. In fact one of the few on the bottom 9 you can actually say that about. Funny how you never mention his fighting through a sports hernia, which has plagued him for some time and likely will require surgery in the off season. But, keep going. Hopefully he'll completely bomb out so you can prattle on about how your were so "right."
I strongly disagree. He has been an absolute ghost. Isn’t generating anything. Hasn’t been nearly as physical as he needs to be or even as he usually is. He is not in front of the net- he is playing the perimeter and taking shots from the outside. When have you seen him banging for a rebound? Zadorov has been running around and no response from Kane.

No, I don’t want him to bomb out like you say. I want him to succeed. Unlike you, when you went out of your way to mention me when he had a good game, I don’t care if I’m right. Like
I said TO YOU when he played well- I hope he keeps it going. Not everyone have your pettiness. I’ll say it here again- if he plays well- I’ll give him
Credit.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I strongly disagree. He has been an absolute ghost. Isn’t generating anything. Hasn’t been nearly as physical as he needs to be or even as he usually is. He is not in front of the net- he is playing the perimeter and taking shots from the outside. When have you seen him banging for a rebound? Zadorov has been running around and no response from Kane.

No, I don’t want him to bomb out like you say. I want him to succeed. Unlike you, when you went out of your way to mention me when he had a good game, I don’t care if I’m right. Like
I said TO YOU when he played well- I hope he keeps it going. Not everyone have your pettiness. I’ll say it here again- if he plays well- I’ll give him
Credit.
I'll try to stay above the personal attacks.:D My issue was you seemingly wanted to dump veterans at the TD, in a year that we're going for it. I have no problem making a decision on Kane (and Ryan,, Foegele, etc) after this playoff run. IMO, to replace them with unproven prospects or picks is not a good solution. And as I've stated repeatedly and is now common knowledge, Kane has been playing under duress for a good chunk of this year, with an issue that is not uncommon in sports and can be fixed, and I believe he can still have greater upside going forward.
He's first or 2nd in hits on the team, not sure what more you want him to do in that department. He had the Kings chasing him around for nearly the entire series and was in Doughty's head. And this series, he's had Zadorov chasing him as well. He's hit some posts and had some other chances, but, not playing the PP, it's a lot tougher to score. Even the big five haven't exactly lit it up on 5 on 5.

Reactions: TB12

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I'll try to stay above the personal attacks.:D My issue was you seemingly wanted to dump veterans at the TD, in a year that we're going for it. I have no problem making a decision on Kane (and Ryan,, Foegele, etc) after this playoff run. IMO, to replace them with unproven prospects or picks is not a good solution. And as I've stated repeatedly and is now common knowledge, Kane has been playing under duress for a good chunk of this year, with an issue that is not uncommon in sports and can be fixed, and I believe he can still have greater upside going forward.
He's first or 2nd in hits on the team, not sure what more you want him to do in that department. He had the Kings chasing him around for nearly the entire series and was in Doughty's head. And this series, he's had Zadorov chasing him as well. He's hit some posts and had some other chances, but, not playing the PP, it's a lot tougher to score. Even the big five haven't exactly lit it up on 5 on 5.
Okay- let me start with your first point. I’m not sure where you got this from, or even how you concluded this from my posts- I wanted to move Kane (his play has been declining- this is fact), Foegele (not a playoff performer and soon to be UFA) and upgrade these positions with BETTER players. We desperately need(ed) an upgrade on 2RD and 2RW and added depth. In the McDavid era, you need go all in.

Kane’s play- he only had one good game. No- the Kings weren’t chasing him around all series. In fact- they ran the Oilers show physically and didn’t care about Kane (outside that one game). Being a second line player- he needs to score. Period. He has 1 goal. Not good enough. I’m not sure what series you are watching- Zadorov has not been chasing Kane around. Zadorov has been having his way with whoever he wants. I’ll give Kane credit for last game- he was good. But he needs to be that player every game and not do it for 1 and disappear for 4.

He has a GF of 42.6% , 44% HDCF, 42%xGF, 45% SF. That is really bad. Basically, the opposition is loving when Kane is on the ice because the puck will be in the Oilers zone.

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Okay- let me start with your first point. I’m not sure where you got this from, or even how you concluded this from my posts- I wanted to move Kane (his play has been declining- this is fact), Foegele (not a playoff performer and soon to be UFA) and upgrade these positions with BETTER players. We desperately need(ed) an upgrade on 2RD and 2RW and added depth. In the McDavid era, you need go all in.

Kane’s play- he only had one good game. No- the Kings weren’t chasing him around all series. In fact- they ran the Oilers show physically and didn’t care about Kane (outside that one game). Being a second line player- he needs to score. Period. He has 1 goal. Not good enough. I’m not sure what series you are watching- Zadorov has not been chasing Kane around. Zadorov has been having his way with whoever he wants. I’ll give Kane credit for last game- he was good. But he needs to be that player every game and not do it for 1 and disappear for 4.

He has a GF of 42.6% , 44% HDCF, 42%xGF, 45% SF. That is really bad. Basically, the opposition is loving when Kane is on the ice because the puck will be in the Oilers zone.
Of course you want to get BETTER players. All the time. If there is a better alternative than Leon Driasaitl, then sure, let's do it. Good luck finding one though. And it depends what type you're looking for. You're not going to get a player similar to Kane, who brings what we need with physicality while possessing speed, shot and pedigree that is younger or better without giving up someone from our core.

As for his play, we'll agree to disagree. I'm not going to beat my points to death, and it looks like you won't either, so we'll leave it at that for now. I'd like Kane to score more, of course, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's playing badly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad