Post-Game Talk: Gonna Stu on this loss for a while

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
you’re right, the Nurse/Ceci pairing is just fine. Warren Foegele has been fantastic. Corey Perry and Evander Kane are making a difference. Nuge is flexing his muscle. Every other part of the team is just humming along.
Skinner let in 2 softies in Game 1
another awful one in Game 2
and not a single big save in Game 3

it begins and ends with goaltending...their goaltender is better than ours

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
It’s crazy how you’re defending shitty play by Foegele, Nurse and Ceci.

Dang almost like they’re a better team than us. What’s stopping anyone else from stepping up?
Foegele has been so disappointing man. I really thought coming in on a career year he could be a go to guy in the playoffs this time but he’s been a huge net negative. I have no idea why Carrik isn’t playing. I thought he was great in the early going of the kings series.

Reactions: dustrock

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Pathetic that he's not facing the music, again, and/or that the team won't allow him to. I was a fan of him not too long ago and was defending him left, right and center and now I feel like a fraud.

He’ll probably cry mental health or some weak sauce excuse why he can’t face the music

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
lololol

W know his response already. WE were seeing it on the bench with the same goofy stupid shit grin not giving a shit about anything. I was trying to focus and look at the blond but Skinners stupid look distracted me.

Its like a student that fails 2nd grade 3 times and its just " fail me again, who cares" but the teacher can't stand him and sends him to the next grade.
I posted this earlier, but could never be more relevant. Skinner's response would be "I thought played 39:56 well, the other 0:04 I thought I could have been better".

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
It was the end of the game. Anything you do that’s worth doing to get revenge, sets up potential suspensions for game 4.
I don’t care. It’s the playoffs. Show a pulse. 5 Canucks surrounding your superstar is unacceptable no matter what point in the game.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
There is a whole segment of this fan base who thinks that no goalie should ever make even a semi difficult save.

Like what the f*** are they watching when they see other teams play?
To be fair when has our fan base gotten to actually see what that is like in the last 15 years??

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Do you expect all 18 skaters to be great? That is an impossible ask. Every team is going to have some bad skaters. Like do you think Cole has been so good for the Canucks? Has Pettersson been any better than Nuge?

A bad goalie is just a way bigger obstacle to overcome. Nature of the game.
I expect more than five players to be good. Is that too much to ask?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Pathetic that he's not facing the music, again, and/or that the team won't allow him to. I was a fan of him not too long ago and was defending him left, right and center and now I feel like a fraud.
He's always been a fraud. Doesn't have close to NHL starter skillsets and wouldn't be a starter on any other team unless it was trying to tank.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
lololol

W know his response already. WE were seeing it on the bench with the same goofy stupid shit grin not giving a shit about anything. I was trying to focus and look at the blond but Skinners stupid look distracted me.

Its like a student that fails 2nd grade 3 times and its just " fail me again, who cares" but the teacher can't stand him and sends him to the next grade.

How did this fool get to the NHL? Oh, woodcrap
No, he got to the NHL cause he has been working with our goalie coach Dustin Schwartz since he was in junior and the org gives Schwartz control of goalie shit.

Reactions: frag2

Uindicator

Sep 27, 2010
It was the end of the game. Anything you do that’s worth doing to get revenge, sets up potential suspensions for game 4.
Nah weak sauce , if anyone deserved a straight punch to the mouth it was Zadorov at that moment and our players acted like p***yes

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Skinner let in 2 softies in Game 1
another awful one in Game 2
and not a single big save in Game 3

it begins and ends with goaltending...their goaltender is better than ours
Despite it we could still be winning though if some guys could bear down and bury the puck. Close isn’t good enough.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
you’re right, the Nurse/Ceci pairing is just fine. Warren Foegele has been fantastic. Corey Perry and Evander Kane are making a difference. Nuge is flexing his muscle. Every other part of the team is just humming along.

All of those are issues. But Mcdavid and Draisaitl are that good that we should have won those games.

The issue is they can’t play goalie. And our goalie sucks f***ing big donkey balls.

Scoring isn’t a problem no matter how much you want to try and make it about that. We aren’t winning cause we aren’t scoring. Even if it’s just Mcdavid and draisaitl.

We aren’t winning cuz once again, our goaltender is good for 2 softies a game

Reactions: frag2

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I meant it's over for Skinner (I wan't Pickard to get the remaining starts). Two playoffs in a row of absolutely collapsing indicates a bad head, which means the end of the line for an NHL goalie. Recently, only Pekka Rinne was able to maintain a starting NHL job while being clearly incapable of performing in the playoffs.

The Oilers played a fine game for the most part. With average goaltending, the Oilers are winning this game or taking it to overtime. Skinner has been devastating to this team in the post-season.
Well i was replying to the series over part of your comment. But I’m down for Picks too. Thought even 3-4 games ago it might be smart to pre-empt Stu’s stamina drain with a Picks move. Mid playoffs goalie changes have worked for the cup winners in 2 years straight. It’s a viable strategy on many levels.

Reactions: soothsayer

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Goaltending aside, the Oiler mistakes tend to be incredibly bad timing as well. Foegele gives the puck away, but of course, it's not to Blueger or Lafferty etc, but the Canucks best scorer and hottest player against us.
The fact is that once you get past the big 3 on the Oilers there is really no one with the hands to score.

This is why I couldn't understand why they wouldn't have given Lavoie a chance coming down the regular stretch? How much worse could he be than these guys who are either too old or could never score in the first place?

MessierThanThou

Dec 10, 2010
Oil Country
But the consistent theme is him not making saves in this series in particular. The Canucks haven't even played well in one game, they've done the bare minimum to skim by and have scored on pretty much every high danger scoring chance. This isn't the Avs running over Mike Smith or the Oilers getting shut down by Hellebuyck, it's an ongoing problem with Skinner. I'm also aware that there's a lot of passengers on this roster but when your goalie isn't making saves, it effects the entire team.

Also...we allowed THREE SHOTS AGAINST in the third period. AND OUT-SHOT VANCOUVER BY 27 SHOTS. The blame falls on Skinner, it sure as shit isn't on our defense. Three goals was enough to win this.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I don’t care. It’s the playoffs. Show a pulse. 5 Canucks surrounding your superstar is unacceptable no matter what point in the game.
I really don’t see what they could have done different. It was a net front jam turned battle turned cross check to the face that happened so quick. And it’s not like our guys weren’t around that play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad