Post-Game Talk: Gonna Stu on this loss for a while

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Are you really going to ignore Skinner's play? Wait...yes, you've been his biggest apologist since I came back to this board months ago.
So nobody else had a bad game? The Oilers played a perfect game. Good to know. Foegele is a gem. Zero goals with a goalie in net. And he’s far from the only useless player.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Skinner will cost McDrai Cups in back-to-back seasons

Ken Holland you mean.

He seems to be the only guy that hasn't seen what's wrong with this team for years. Somehow we are always down to our last penny of the cap with massive holes on D and in net every year.

Even if he does know, he was never savvy enough to fix issues in a cap world without a team loaded with HHoF players. Just money tossing July 1 at the biggest names.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
You put Perry and Kane to start next game and some dipshit on the Nucks is getting bodied off the opening faceoff.

Reactions: iCanada

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
got goalied

Rough first period then totally carried the play in the last 40. Vancouver reminded me of us tonight, get a few goals ahead then stop trying to make plays and constantly ice the puck and chip it out, playing with fire

Props to Silovs though

Kinda wanted Pickard to get tested more, he only faced two shots I think, but I felt better with him in net. It’s a tough call for next game because they’re pretty much done if they lose, but Skinner has been bad 3 games in a row outside of a couple saves so I’d go Pickard.
Nah, we don’t get to use that excuse, the oilers make goalies look good, we have for years.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Someone needs to take him out. Maybe Carrick. Whomever.

We have a bunch of 6’2+ players that are too chicken shit to hit him
Kane is hurt, Nurse thinks that he's Cale Makar, Desharnais hasn't fought since he hurt his hand in his last fight, etc. I wanted more toughness, we sure could've used it in this series. We were bitch slapped the last time that we played them in the regular season and we've mostly been getting bitch slapped in this series. If Connor and Leon were healthy they'd be hitting. As it stands we are a big but chickenshit team.

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
Who was saying we need to go aftwr Ullmark next year? Smh

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240512_223647_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240512_223647_Samsung Internet.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Im gonna stay optimistic but need a few changes. Hopefully Henrique is good to go Tuesday.
Gazdic is saying to start Skinner Tuesday. I want no part of him
Foegele should come out
Nuge has performed another disappearing act.
Its the same BS every year in playoffs and same culprits

Reactions: Messrules11

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Foegele is the opposite of Zadarov.

Zadarov looks wasted and worsening all regular season, then has a sparkling playoffs and likely gets a fat contract

Foegele looks like a near break-out star, then has this ass of a playoffs. Probably still gets paid. Probably too much. Probably by us.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Maybe the Skinner apologists who refused to blame him at all in game 1 because the Oilers sat back with the lead and didn't do anything can tell us how the Canucks won today employing the exact same strategy?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Watch Zadorov not get suspended for the vicious two hand in the back of McDavid at end of game. McDavid needs to take a page out of the Nucks playbood there. Go down there and stay down until the stretcher and ambulance arrives and with the Oilers saying its a grave spinal injury. Then Having McD be fine for game 4 and Zad suspended. Nah that wouldn't even do it.

This is the NHL though. A league that will allow the Michael Jordan of hockey be paralyzed by goons like this.
Forget the NHL, they're not doing shit. The Oilers need to police this, that could have been a season ending injury very easily. Imagine the 80s Oilers or the late 90s, early 00s Oilers, '06 Oilers, '17 Oilers allowing this to happen without answers. Team has no pulse, it's sad to watch. Hard team to root for tbh.

Reactions: iCanada

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Warren Foegele sucks.

But unfortunately for Skinner, your supposed #1 goalie is more important than your 3/4th line winger.
When 3/4 of the roster can’t piss a drop you’re going to have problems. You’ve seen this exact scenario play out year after year.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
knob has to split up mcDrai, we have seen this show before it doesnt work, both players get to tired, the look effective but lack the finish when this happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad