GongShow's Free Agent Game!

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
I call that smart management.

Sign UFA and trade them after.

Look at IsleRock4 :)razz:) trying to unload Campbell from Chicago after 1 year while aksing for a 1st round pick, a 2nd line center and something else (can't remember).

They probably come from the Tampa Bay business school :laugh:

?

I did not sign Campbell to that contract. The something else was a backup goalie. :laugh: It's not bad value at all.

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
?

I did not sign Campbell to that contract. The something else was a backup goalie. :laugh: It's not bad value at all.

I know, just mention you to tease you a little.

Don't think Boyle was sign by the owners that traded him (could be wrong) but it was still cheap to trade a UFA recently sign for a (close to) premium return.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Wait, since when did Chelios retire? I never saw hlundqvist say anything about that, and suddenly he is on MTL's coaching staff?

Well Detroit GM had no problem with it since he said nothing when I announced that I wanted him as an assistant coach on thursday.

Anyway, if Chelios decide to continue his career somewhere, I'll make the change.

Last edited:

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs

Georges Laraque is definitely available for the best 2010 draft pick possible. With the discussions we had yesterday, we are confident to be able to trade him today.

Jaroslav Halak and Chris Higgins will likely stay with the team unless we get the offer we want. We are looking for a top prospect d-man for Halak and a 2nd line playmaking RW for Higgins.

We will also listen to other offers and we will move if it makes sense for our team.

I'll be back around 3:30PM ET.

PM!

^^^^^^^^^^

I'll be around all night long. PM if you want to discuss trades.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Press Conference

As the GM of the Montreal Canadiens, I'm proud of what we did so far. With the new ownership and all our key players under contract for the next few years, we will be able to keep the focus on hockey during the next season.

With Martin St-Louis, we got the "best player available" at the draft. He will be an incredible asset to our team since he is such a complete player. With recently acquired Shawn Horcoff and Alex Tanguay, we seriously think that we have one of the best 1st line in the NHL. We are really high on Horcoff and he is a player we follow since his beginning in the league.

Brendan Witt and Scottie Upshall will also add a lot to our team. Witt will play with Andrei Markov and Upshall will complete a line with Maxim Lapierre and Guillaume Latendresse.

We will look around when Free agency will start but don't expect a big signing. We already made our big moves of the offseason. We are still looking to make our team better but we are more looking to discuss trades than talk with free agents.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Flyers and Islanders have reached a deal:

To Philadelphia: Trent Hunter, Radek Martinek

To NY Islanders: Randy Jones, 3rd '10

Randy was a solid puck moving defenseman, who we didn't want to let go. His good first pass and PP QB abilities will be missed, but the Flyers really like Trent Hunter. He brings more size to our forward corps, and is good at working in the corners and in front of the net. Waiting for NYI to confirm.

I could be wrong but I think that Randy Jones was on waivers earlier in this game. So, basically, it's Trent Hunter and Radek Martinek for a 3rd round pick.

Awesome trade by the Flyers! ;):sarcasm:

Danavan

Apr 7, 2008
Vancity
The Vancouver Canucks would like to announce that they have re-signed the Sedin brothers to matching 5 year/28.75 million dollar contracts with NTC's.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004

The Montreal Canadiens made some last minute RFA signings.

Shawn Belle, Olivier Latendresse and Loic Lacasse will all be back for one year on a two-way contract. Belle signed for 660,000$, while Latendresse and Lacasse both signed for 522,500$.

hlundqvist30*

Just a reminder. At 5:00 ET you can begin to submit your offers for all UFA's. Make sure to watch your cap and team needs. Once 5:00 comes all posts should be made in the second thread, regardless of whether it's a signing, trade, waiver move, etc.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Just a reminder. At 5:00 ET you can begin to submit your offers for all UFA's. Make sure to watch your cap and team needs. Once 5:00 comes all posts should be made in the second thread, regardless of whether it's a signing, trade, waiver move, etc.

Discussions too or just the moves (like trades, signings and waivers)?

hlundqvist30*

Discussions too or just the moves (like trades, signings and waivers)?

Well everything. Basically this thread is "locked" and we continue everything in the second thread. Everything you would do in this thread just continue doing in the 2nd thread.

Also, to everyone, READ THE FIRST FEW POSTS in the 2nd thread. There is important information there that you NEED to know.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
I know, just mention you to tease you a little.

Don't think Boyle was sign by the owners that traded him (could be wrong) but it was still cheap to trade a UFA recently sign for a (close to) premium return.

Wishart sucks
Carle is an enigma, but could become a good #3 d-man, and the 26th pick was a good return for one of the leagues top 10 d-men. Good value considering they would have gotten nothing, but I believe we one that trade by a bigger margin than the Thornton trade.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Who do I send an offer sheet to.

And what is the compensation.

I am assuming the player is qualified but if he isn't that is just fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad